3. Muhammed Ali
    4. George Foreman
    5. Deontay Wilder
    6. Evander Holyfield
    7. Wladimir Klitschko
    8. Joe Frazier
    9. Anthony Joshua
    10. Joe Louis

Most overrated - Mike Tyson , Vitali, Marciano, Bowe, Walcott.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      I've generally always keep the same 12 but the order has bounced around a bit over time. I am not ready to put Fury in there but I do think if he beats Joshua and say one or two of the top guys in the current division maybe I would consider him in the top 12.

Here's mine:

1. Muhammad Ali
      2. Joe Louis
      3. Larry Holmes
      4. Joe Frazier
      5. Lennox Lewis
      6. Evander Holyfield
      7. Rocky Marciano
      8. Sonny Liston
      9. George Foreman
      10. Jack Johnson
      11. Mike Tyson 12. Jack Dempsey

I favor Frazier over Holmes in a mythical head to head but think Holmes beats Foreman whereas we saw Foreman-Frazier. I am tempted to have Frazier ahead but Holmes' longevity and some of the performances as an oldie like vs. Mercer are outstanding. Lewis-Holyfield is very close for me and perhaps it's their h2h which makes me lean Lewis even though it was at a more advantageous period for Lewis. Holyfield is the greater overall fighter of the two however. Marciano I can place higher some days. I have no arguments with folks having him at 3 or 10. Liston probably would be higher had he gotten a fair shake earlier. I think he'd be in my top 3 or 4 h2h. Ali and Louis is almost interchangeable. It just feels right having Ali as he has Frazier, Foreman and Liston (though at least one of those could be written of IMO).
      It's a solid list.

Everyone besides Queenie ranks Fat Lar over Frazier. But Frazier did beat your #1. And while Foreman beat Frazier. Tyson beat Holmes. Holmes don't have a perfomance like Frazier against Chuvalo, or Quarry... or Mathis.

Oh, and Mercer was fat. He showed up for a Pie Eating Contest, not a Boxing match.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I've generally always keep the same 12 but the order has bounced around a bit over time. I am not ready to put Fury in there but I do think if he beats Joshua and say one or two of the top guys in the current division maybe I would consider him in the top 12.

Here's mine:

1. Muhammad Ali
        2. Joe Louis
        3. Larry Holmes
        4. Joe Frazier
        5. Lennox Lewis
        6. Evander Holyfield
        7. Rocky Marciano
        8. Sonny Liston
        9. George Foreman
        10. Jack Johnson
        11. Mike Tyson 12. Jack Dempsey

I favor Frazier over Holmes in a mythical head to head but think Holmes beats Foreman whereas we saw Foreman-Frazier. I am tempted to have Frazier ahead but Holmes' longevity and some of the performances as an oldie like vs. Mercer are outstanding.
        - -U drinkin' ain't thinkin'.

Lar never in the rankings when Ali, Joe, and George were in the rankings and fighting because of being light in the loafers.

By U logic, neither was I, but I reckon I'd beat Lar in spite of showing no expertise.

Lar the sucking sound of his single belt in a 3 belt era. His title record against standing champs having won a title in the ring is 0-5.

Even Leon has a better title record!

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Lar never in the rankings when Ali, Joe, and George were in the rankings and fighting because of being light in the loafers.

By U logic, neither was I, but I reckon I'd beat Lar in spite of showing no expertise.

Lar the sucking sound of his single belt in a 3 belt era. His title record against standing champs having won a title in the ring is 0-5.

Save that for The Ass Clowns. Chris is an adult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
            Save that for The Ass Clowns. Chris is an adult.
            - -What I say is irrefutable. What U say is gross leakage.

Comment

Gotta admit, it's pretty impressive he could be BOTH Fat Lar' and light in the loafers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                1. Tyson Fury
                2. Lennox Lewis
                3. Muhammed Ali
                4. George Foreman
                5. Deontay Wilder
                6. Evander Holyfield
                7. Wladimir Klitschko
                8. Joe Frazier
                9. Anthony Joshua
                10. Joe Louis

Most overrated - Mike Tyson , Vitali, Marciano, Bowe, Walcott.
                Not a bad list from a H2H perspective. But no way Lewis is #2. His losses count against him too much. And even he would tell you Vitali was the better fighter.

Vitali and Fat Lar should definitely be on that list, at the expense of Joshua and Holyfield.

Comment

- -What I say is irrefutable. What U say is gross leakage.
                  Says the girl who swallows my groos leakage.

Holmes is overrated by folks who want to correct the collective memory of history - which has neglected Fat Lar.

But he's not rubbish as you insist he is.

Comment

Not a bad list from a H2H perspective. But no way Lewis is #2. His losses count against him too much. And even he would tell you Vitali was the better fighter.

Vitali and Fat Lar should definitely be on that list, at the expense of Joshua and Holyfield.
                    I understand that thinking. I just always respected that Lewis avenged his losses, though he shouldn't have lost to those two guys in the first place. I rate Vitali highly, but I put him in as overrated due to his resume being really poor, because at the time there was nobody to fight. And he lost against Lewis albeit he was unfortunate. He also black mark him for pulling out with 3 rounds to go against Byrd, in a fight he would easily have still been able to win, he just hand to hang in there with his injury for 3 rounds. Fury would have done that nobother.

Comment

Says the girl who swallows my groos leakage.

Holmes is overrated by folks who want to correct the collective memory of history - which has neglected Fat Lar.

But he's not rubbish as you insist he is.
                      - -U leaky rusty bucket needs a diaper.

This thread used to be a high end discussion over heavyweight merits til U befouled the forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X