This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post
    1. Lennox Lewis- Defeated every opponent he ever faced in arguably toughest era. Defeated 3 other GOAT candidates and ducked by Bowe. Faced the highest proportion of quality opponents to fights ratio of any HW boxer.

2. Wladimir Klitschko - Has the most HW fights and the best HW record of all time facing roughly equivalent opposition to Lennox.

3. Vitali Klitschko- Has not a single clear loss on his record, has never been behind on points, has never lost more than 2 rounds in a fight and has never been off his feet in a professional boxing match!

4. Rid**** Bowe

5. Evander Holyfield

6. Mike Tyson

7. Ike Ibeabuchi

8.9.10... Close call between the best opponents of Lewis like Morrison, Tua, Mercer, Rahman

the best opponents of Wladimir like Haye, Peter, Thompson, Chagaev,

Or Larry Holmes, George Foreman or a stronger 70's version maybe of Muhammad Ali!

Comment

• Not as invalid as umming and arring about whether to make Ali or Louis 1 or 2... Or where to place devastating boxers in the top 10 like Marciano, Walcott and Dempsey who would NEVER be threatened by guys like David Haye, Ike Ibeabuchi or Hasim Rahman.

Comment

• Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
        Butterbean knocked Holmes down in the last round and should've gotten a 2nd KD when Larry clearly rode the ropes with an iron grip to keep up after the count ended. Lucky for Larry it was only a 10 rounder.

Butterbean better than Larry and maybe Moe and Curly too!
        except that he didn't.

Comment

1. Lennox Lewis- Defeated every opponent he ever faced in arguably toughest era. Defeated 3 other GOAT candidates and ducked by Bowe. Faced the highest proportion of quality opponents to fights ratio of any HW boxer.

2. Wladimir Klitschko - Has the most HW fights and the best HW record of all time facing roughly equivalent opposition to Lennox.

3. Vitali Klitschko- Has not a single clear loss on his record, has never been behind on points, has never lost more than 2 rounds in a fight and has never been off his feet in a professional boxing match!

4. Rid**** Bowe

5. Evander Holyfield

6. Mike Tyson

7. Ike Ibeabuchi

8.9.10... Close call between the best opponents of Lewis like Morrison, Tua, Mercer, Rahman

the best opponents of Wladimir like Haye, Peter, Thompson, Chagaev,

Or Larry Holmes, George Foreman or a stronger 70's version maybe of Muhammad Ali!

I'm not sure you could have made a worse list than this if you tried ... after reading your top three I didn't think it could possibly have gotten crazier or more hilarious but then I saw your options for 8, 9 and 10 ........

Comment

• Oh but 1. "Prime" Muhammad Ali
            2. Joe Louis and
            3. something crowd pleasing like Marciano

sounds a whole lot more plausible does it?

Your head is blank! It has been poisoned with rubbish. I pick the fighters I did because there is overwhelming evidence they would beat the piss out of all others more often than not and not much to suggest otherwise.

Comment

Oh but 1. "Prime" Muhammad Ali
              2. Joe Louis and

Your head is blank! It has been poisoned with rubbish. I pick the fighters I did because there is overwhelming evidence they would beat the piss out of all others more often than not and not much to suggest otherwise.

Comment

Oh but 1. "Prime" Muhammad Ali
                2. Joe Louis and

What overwhelming evidence is there if I may ask? There's fact. And there's fiction.

You my friend, are talking fiction. What actually happened is Wlad lost 3 times to guys not world class, Vitali quit once and stopped another time against the best fighter he faced. Lennox was stopped twice by guys who was fringe world title holders.

Then there's fact. And fact is that there's at least 15 guys who has resumes that crap all over Vitali's, his brother and Lennox included.

As for the rest, I have no comment because it is simply ******ed.

Comment

Your head is ****** mate!

You don't REALLY believe that right! What criteria are you basing this list on something subjective? Half of your fighters belong there but Jack Dempsey, Rocky Marciano are not HW's and never were, they would be instantly knocked out by any of my fighters. Joe Louis is non competitive today he could last 3 rounds max. and Sonny Liston is too slow and unco to compete at modern Heavy also he could only last as long as he could sustain damage. Joe Frazier, 30secs to live against Tyson!

Remind me NEVER to take you to the track! lol
                  I'm not sure how to respond to that.

I believe being the heavyweight champion of the world makes you a heavyweight, believe it or not.

I was unaware all lists are supposed to be how they would compete today.

Comment

• Laced Up;

There is no boxer that has made the same achievements as the 3 I listed.

The FACTS are none of the losses accrued by either 3 fighters are due to being outboxed. At HW, big shots and shock knockouts can happen today. In the past it wasn't as so. Lewis got caught with bombs against opponents he otherwise couled have beat and proved it both times. Wladimir gassed against Puritty when green and learned his lesson, He was the victim of a massive sandwiched headbutt when the first hook from Sander's landed from which he never recovered, and he was rushed to hospital with hyperglycaemia after the Brewster affair, was obviously sick the entire fight and was the result of a steroid overdose! Vitali was ahead on the scorecards when he quit Byrd, he could have won without throwing another punch, this is shameful but still not a proper loss, and he would have beat Lewis were it not for another unlucky injury.

Where is the doubting performances here?

Dunno about Puritty, Wlad was green anyway and hadn't learnt to pace himself. Puritty was experienced. But anyhow Sander's, Brewster, Byrd, McCall and Rahman are much better boxers than given credit for. In fact I cannot tip Ali to beat any of them really, not with any confidence. Only Puritty I would put money of Clay to win.

Comment

Laced Up;

There is no boxer that has made the same achievements as the 3 I listed.

The FACTS are none of the losses accrued by either 3 fighters are due to being outboxed. At HW, big shots and shock knockouts can happen today. In the past it wasn't as so. Lewis got caught with bombs against opponents he otherwise couled have beat and proved it both times. Wladimir gassed against Puritty when green and learned his lesson, He was the victim of a massive sandwiched headbutt when the first hook from Sander's landed from which he never recovered, and he was rushed to hospital with hyperglycaemia after the Brewster affair, was obviously sick the entire fight and was the result of a steroid overdose! Vitali was ahead on the scorecards when he quit Byrd, he could have won without throwing another punch, this is shameful but still not a proper loss, and he would have beat Lewis were it not for another unlucky injury.

Where is the doubting performances here?

Dunno about Puritty, Wlad was green anyway and hadn't learnt to pace himself. Puritty was experienced. But anyhow Sander's, Brewster, Byrd, McCall and Rahman are much better boxers than given credit for. In fact I cannot tip Ali to beat any of them really, not with any confidence. Only Puritty I would put money of Clay to win.
                      Are you really saying that you'd pick McCall, Rahman, or ****ing Chris Byrd to beat Muhammad Ali? Really? I'm being cautious here so I don't overreact.

Comment

Working...
                      X