This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
    If you could that would be really interesting, who will you be looking at Holmes,Tyson,Holyfield,Lewis,Bowe and Moorer would be good. Or have I misunderstood, is it upto 1985 or 1985 onwards
    its up to 1985..

Comment

I did say champs,ex champs and future champs here they are in order they were fought:-

Mike Weaver 1991 W TKO6
      Tony Tucker 1993 W UD12
      Frank Bruno 1993 W TKO7
      Oliver McCall 1994 L TKO2
      Tommy Morrison 1995 WTKO6
      Ray Mercer 1996 W MD10
      Oliver McCall 1997 W TKO5
      Henry Akinwande 1997 W DQ5
      Shannon Briggs 1998 W TKO5
      Evander Holyfield 1999 D12
      Evander Holyfield 1999 W UD12
      Hasim Rahman 2001 L KO5
      Hasim Rahman 2001 W KO4
      Mike Tyson 2002 W KO8
      Vitali Klitchko 2003 W TKO6

There you go Iron Man hope that does it for you.
      Well, many of those became champions after Lewis beat them, also 2 of them were champions because of beating Lewis. Im saying this to put it into perspective, as it shows how dominant the fighters were, tyson for instance fought champions and ex champions in a row cleaing out the division and im not counting future champs he fought. Holyfield fought less champions compared to both men and so you could argue he did not dominate as Lewis and Tyson did.

Comment

• In all fairness, while Klitschko may not have become champion until after his fight with Lewis, Vitali had him licked, were it not for the rediculous stoppage; so it's practically like fighting a champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
          In all fairness, while Klitschko may not have become champion until after his fight with Lewis, Vitali had him licked, were it not for the rediculous stoppage; so it's practically like fighting a champion.
          How ya doing brass long time no speak. Have to disagree with you on this, Vitali never had him licked, watch the fight again mate. While he started very well and hit Lewis with some terrific shots, this was only for the first 2 rounds. By the 3rd Lewis started to get back in the fight and while Klitchko was still competetive his punches were having less of an effect, and he was starting to tire. Although Lewis seemed quite tired himself he looked fresher than Klitchko and was landing the better shots, in the 4th and 5th Lewis hit him with some devastating shots, especially his uppercuts which is quite surprising considering the size of Klitchko. Lewis had busted him up fairly and was on top at the time of the stoppage, and I have no doubt he would have kod him in the next few rounds. But that's my opinion.

Comment

• Well u cant basically fight a champion because he fought well, you either do or you dont. Also Briggs was Lineal Champion wen lewis fought him, i dnt think he actually held a belt tho!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
              Well u cant basically fight a champion because he fought well, you either do or you dont. Also Briggs was Lineal Champion wen lewis fought him, i dnt think he actually held a belt tho!
              How ya doing Iron, glad to see some are still up and about.
              Nah! Don't think he held a belt either. Just out of curiousity and to save me sifting through all the pages what was your top10 list again, also i'd be interested in seeing your top10 worst,top10 favourite and top10 underrated heavyweight champs. Obviously mine are at the start of the thread.

Comment

• 10.Lennox Lewis
                9.Jack Johnson
                8.Jack Dempsey:
                7.Larry Holmes
                6.Joe Frazier:
                5.George Foreman
                4.Mike Tyson
                3.Rocky Marciano
                2.Muhammad Ali
                1.Joe Louis

My List changes all the time, but not many leave the list apart from Lewis and Holyfield or liston enter. The reasons are on the first page of the thread, im going off soon but ill try to post the others lists another time

Comment

• Cheers look forward to seeing them

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                    10.Lennox Lewis
                    9.Jack Johnson
                    8.Jack Dempsey:
                    7.Larry Holmes
                    6.Joe Frazier:
                    5.George Foreman
                    4.Mike Tyson
                    3.Rocky Marciano
                    2.Muhammad Ali
                    1.Joe Louis

My List changes all the time, but not many leave the list apart from Lewis and Holyfield or liston enter. The reasons are on the first page of the thread, im going off soon but ill try to post the others lists another time
                    Nice list Iron. Good to see Dempsey up there where he belongs. Tyson's too high though.

Comment

How ya doing brass long time no speak. Have to disagree with you on this, Vitali never had him licked, watch the fight again mate. While he started very well and hit Lewis with some terrific shots, this was only for the first 2 rounds. By the 3rd Lewis started to get back in the fight and while Klitchko was still competetive his punches were having less of an effect, and he was starting to tire. Although Lewis seemed quite tired himself he looked fresher than Klitchko and was landing the better shots, in the 4th and 5th Lewis hit him with some devastating shots, especially his uppercuts which is quite surprising considering the size of Klitchko. Lewis had busted him up fairly and was on top at the time of the stoppage, and I have no doubt he would have kod him in the next few rounds. But that's my opinion.
                      Lewis didn't seem the fresher man to me at the end of that fight. Vitali had a good thing going there. Too bad about that amazing horse gash, possibly the worst cut I have ever seen on a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X