This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
    This Is the Consensus that Hurricane Produced by asking people on this forum :

01. Muhammed Ali
    02. Joe Louis
    03. Lennox Lewis
    04. Larry Holmes
    05. Rocky Marciano
    06. George Foreman
    07. Jack Johnson
    08. Mike Tyson
    09. Jack Dempsey
    10. Joe Frazier
    11. Gene Tunney
    12. Sonny Liston
    13. Evander Holyfield
    14. Harry Wills
    14. Archie Moore
    16. James J. Jeffries
    17. Vitali Klitchko
    17. Floyd Patterson
    19. Wladimir Klitchko
    One of the best projects BS has ever had! A little confusion including Light-Heavies Tunney and Moore but that's picking nits on my part. BTW Iron I have Tyson in my top-ten for the time being (the bottom half of my ATG list is always shuffling LOL).

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      One of the best projects BS has ever had! A little confusion including Light-Heavies Tunney and Moore but that's picking nits on my part. BTW Iron I have Tyson in my top-ten for the time being (the bottom half of my ATG list is always shuffling LOL).

Poet
      Haha, all our debates finally persuaded you then! Whats your list at the moment then?

Machine that video was quality man, nice job. Be sure to post part 2 when your done making it!!

Comment

Haha, all our debates finally persuaded you then! Whats your list at the moment then?

Machine that video was quality man, nice job. Be sure to post part 2 when your done making it!!
        1. Muhammed Ali
        2. Joe Louis
        3. Jack Johnson
        4. Jack Dempsey

Those top four never really change.

5. Larry Holmes
        6. Sonny Liston

These two are the same for the time being.

7. George Foreman
        8. Evander Holyfield

These two have swapped spots.

9. Mike Tyson
        10. Rocky Marciano

Which means Joe Frazier has temporarily dropped from the top ten.

Truth be told Tyson has always gone in and out of the bottom half of my ATG list. Really, the bottom six are always in flux and guys like Lennox Lewis, Joe Walcott, Harry Wills, Jim Jeffries, Jim Corbett, and Riddick Bowe go in and out of the list as well.

Poet

Comment

• Nice List!.I never realised you rated Liston so highly, currently i dnt have him in my top 10. I change me list around aswell and its changed massivley since i joined this forum.

I switched louis and Ali round, which annoyed me cose i really like Louis. I also took Marciano out the list completley. I posted my very first top 10 on page 116.
          Last edited by The Iron Man; 10-18-2008, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Nice List!.I never realised you rated Liston so highly, currently i dnt have him in my top 10. I change me list around aswell and its changed massivley since i joined this forum.

I switched louis and Ali round, which annoyed me cose i really like Louis. I also took Marciano out the list completley. I posted my very first top 10 on page 116.
            Oh yeah, I've always thought very highly of Liston. He often gets labled as "the dude that Ali beat" but I suppose that's not surprising. Ali tends to overshadow people and Liston, having preceded Ali, gets it more than most; just as Holmes, who followed Ali, gets overshadowed too. It's forgotten that Liston was already past prime when he finally got his title shot. Had he won the title "in prime" he would have had a nice title reign I think. Sonny brought a lot of things to the table: Quite possibly the best ever Heavyweight jab from his 84" reach, brutal one-punch KO power, superior chin, and an intimidating ring presence that ranked with the best of them.

Louis is my all-time favorite fighter but I have to be objective when ranking. Ali was the best IMO however much I like Louis.

Poet

Comment

• The thread title should top 10 HW not from best to worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
                The thread title should top 10 HW not from best to worst.
                Agreed and I tried changing the title but I can't. I asked BPP if he would but he ignored me, but now he is frightened of me I'm gonna tell him too or I'll kick him in the bollocks.

If you check the first page though I posted four different lists. But they have all changed a lot since then.

Comment

• Lets see your latest list then Hurricaine. Keep this thread going, it was always my fav thread of BS.

Comment

Lets see your latest list then Hurricaine. Keep this thread going, it was always my fav thread of BS.
                    they are on my computer and I will have to dig them out, check them over and re-evaluate them. Sometime later this week hopefully.

Comment

• 1. Ali
                      2. Joe Louis
                      3. Larry Holmes
                      4. Jack Johnson
                      5. Jack Dempsey
                      6. Rocky Marciano
                      7. George Foreman
                      8. Joe Frazier
                      9. Mike Tyson
                      10. Sonny Liston

Comment