No announcement yet.

P4P hardest punchers of all time....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m00ks
    Pac ain't a natural featherweight. Manny at Bantam can make the list easy.

Manny Pacquiao doesn't have the resume, or the devastating one-punch KO's over top-flite opposition to rate anywhere near the top ten, even twenty, of history's greatest punchers.

Comment

Weel, maybe not just yet, but soon, and you can't argue the fact that he has power in the feather (3 fights, 6 one punch-punches=6 KDs)....

Comment

Pac is indeed a terrific puncher.

He's not an all-timer. He may become one, but has a ways to go.

Comment

The most devastating punchers or hardest hitting punchers I've ever witnessed were Jackson, Foreman, Shavers, McClellan, Mugabi, Chavez (look what he did to Taylor), and Tyson...Duran hit pretty hard too. I never saw Wilde so I wouldn't know about his power. Marciano is on this list as well.

As for one punch power I think Jackson was probably the guy most likely to change a fight with one punch.

Comment

I've been a fan since mid-'81....& here are the best punchers I witnessed, in their primes, during that time (in order) :

Jackson
            Spinks (at lt. heavy)
            Rosario
            Hearns
            Mugabi
            McClellan
            Tyson
            Arguello
            Trinidad
            Corrales
            Moorer (at lt. heavy)
            Esparragoza
            Carbajal
            Ricardo Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
              Manny Pacquiao doesn't have the resume, or the devastating one-punch KO's over top-flite opposition to rate anywhere near the top ten, even twenty, of history's greatest punchers.
              You haven't seen his fights at bantam weight to be able to rate him like that. Sasakul, Lucero, Mira,...to name a few suffering a one punch KO. Againts TOP-FLITE opposition, well there weren't much Bantam and flyweights that make that category, but you don't have to be a top p4p fighter to have a good chin. For a bantamweight dropping top featherweights with STRAIGHT bombs (which is not truly a KO punch compared to uppercuts, hooks and overhands) the guy has some serious heavy hands. Please remember the topic is p4p HARDEST hitters of all time.
              Now he might not be a top 10 but to exclude him in the top 20 considering we're talking p4p, is giving him less credit than he deserves.

Comment

"Now he might not be a top 10 but to exclude him in the top 20 considering we're talking p4p, is giving him less credit than he deserves."

No.....I am particularly interested in punchers.
                I am totally objective in my assessments on them.
                Right now....Pacquiao is no in my top twenty....especially of all-time.

I'm not saying he won't be there, because I see the explosiveness.
                He just needs a few more big-time KO's to get to thathigher place, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff
                  "Now he might not be a top 10 but to exclude him in the top 20 considering we're talking p4p, is giving him less credit than he deserves."

No.....I am particularly interested in punchers.
                  I am totally objective in my assessments on them.
                  Right now....Pacquiao is no in my top twenty....especially of all-time.

I'm not saying he won't be there, because I see the explosiveness.
                  He just needs a few more big-time KO's to get to thathigher place, IMO.
                  more than fair Although at this point in his career I don't think many one punch KO's will come. Considering his super punch is a left straight and it's aimed at fighters naturally larger than him, top it with the fact that he's campaigning at a higher division with plans of moving up, we'll see his power, but obviously not as devastating as when he was at bantam.

Comment

I don't think Manny cracks top twenty either. It's true he has very very good power but as he keeps moving up his power will become less significant than at lower weights.

Comment

Originally posted by mic573
                      I don't think Manny cracks top twenty either. It's true he has very very good power but as he keeps moving up his power will become less significant than at lower weights.
                      That's why Is aid Manny at Bantam.

Comment

Working...
                      X