Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
    LOL you must be like dyslexic or something ok
    better start at the top
    I never said Henry Armstrong or Rocky Marciano were P4P the best. What did say was that Willie Pep was P4P the best fighter, Rocky Marciano was P4P The hardest hitter , and that Henry Armstrong I was going to look into because he was a good fighter.

Got it?

Rocky Marciano is called the Rock of his times. Its a nickname just like the Brockton Blockbuster and "the Rock". I'm not 100% sure of the reason he's called this. This doesn't mean he's not an all time great-and for you to say that is pretty ****** because i've never heard anyone say that. Its also the name of Marciano's biography -

Which I'm borrowing from my friend and reading this summer.
    Ok any other questions?
    Thanks for the free medical opinion. I'm afraid I cannot repay you in kind.

You disclaim howeever having posted that you think Henry Armstrong is the best all time. Sleazyfellow posted your post in quotes on this thread. That speaks for itself. It's either Sleazyfellow is a liar or somebody else is.

I am aware that some journalists and authors dubbed Marciano "The Rock of his Time" and you are kind enough to show that among them is Russel Sullivan. Such, however, is not widely shared. You appear to share it, thus, I inferred with my feeble mental capacity (that you so, perhaps accurately called, "******") that you think so too; that Marciano is the Rock of his time. That made me ask: since you share that view, are we to understand that to mean that Marciano was/is not the Rock of other times?

I never said that you have chosen Marciano as the best "All-time". I asked you that obviously the man whose name you appropriated by calling yourself on this scene with his ring name and whose pictures adorn your replies and who could thus be your favorite, is not the person you consider the best of "All-time."

We are not speaking here of people who are one of the all-time greats. We are speaking here of your choice as, in your words, "the best, all- time', namely, Pep, when you replied to me and obviously Armstrong at another time (refer again please to sleazyfellow's post on this thread).

So please suffer this simple and "******" man and pray tell me, at what time does a fighter become, to you, the best "all-time"? Should Pep be best sometimes and Armstrong at other times? All that while the man pictured in your replies should not be considered best at ANY TIME? Why must one at this time adorn someone's replies on this site with large pictures of someone who could not be the best at any time, but instead, only be one of the best all time and then argue strongly in favor of someone whose picture does not appear on any of one's replies at any time as the best of all time?

I'm sorry, but I don't get it.

Edit: As an obvious big fan of Rocky, I'm sure you know about the rumor that Marciano was knocked down by an unknown Cuban named Nino Valdez at one of the training camps. I have heard sketchy versions of the rumor; I'm sure you'll be able to provide details for the edification of ignoramuses like me.
    Last edited by grayfist; 06-04-2006, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• I'm sorry i'm really tired and scanning over posts while having insomnia is alittle tedious (spelling), i did however read your last post, i now understand what the problem is

read his post it read thusly
      Originally posted by by RkyMarcianofan for explanation of the problem
      Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
      Willie Pep was the greatest P4P Fighter ever
      Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00-Edited by Sleazy Fellow
      HENRY ARMSTRONG was the greatest P4P Fighter ever
      Originally posted by sleazyfellow
      there i fixed it for ya! great eh, but yeah i tend to agree there, number#1 all times p4p is either henry armstrong or srr, both were great n won titles in diffrent divisions...but yeah i bet ur glad i fixed dat for ya!
      _
      When he quoted my post he changed it saying he fixed it. I didn't say henry armstrong was the best.

Yes I agree RockyMarciano was the Rock of other times in a sense.

I apologize for saying you had dyslexia (spelling) and for calling you ******

Alrighty
      Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 06-04-2006, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry i'm really tired and scanning over posts while having insomnia is alittle tedious (spelling), i did however read your last post, i now understand what the problem is

When he quoted my post he changed it saying he fixed it. I didn't say henry armstrong was the best.

Alrighty
        The post by sleazy said he agrees with you that its either Armstrong or SRR (Sugar Ray Robinson, I presume). What could he have been agreeing to if you didn't say it was Armstrong or SRR?

I see no mention of Pep.

Comment

• Originally posted by grayfist
          The post by sleazy said he agrees with you that its either Armstrong or SRR (Sugar Ray Robinson, I presume). What could he have been agreeing to if you didn't say it was Armstrong or SRR?

I see no mention of Pep.
          I'm not sleazy fellow so i don't know what he's agreeing too, but if you go back and reread the Post I make no mention of Henry Armstrong being P4P the best fighter- Actually Sugar Ray Robinson is P4P one of the best fighters

Comment

I'm sorry i'm really tired and scanning over posts while having insomnia is alittle tedious (spelling), i did however read your last post, i now understand what the problem is

Alrighty
            Okay.

The message you entered is too short....

Comment

• Nigel Benn hit harder than Jackson and McClellan put together, but started using weights in Miami which slowed him right down.

Comment

• lb4lb? Wilde, Hearns (at 147), Hamed maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuicyJuice
                  Nigel Benn hit harder than Jackson and McClellan put together, but started using weights in Miami which slowed him right down.
                  No he didnt. Mcclellan took both of their punches and he kept standing(You know damn well what i mean). Mcclellan's punches looked the hardest. He put his full body weight into those right hands and he was built like a true puncher. With those broad shoulders and strong legs etc.

The man in my sig was the hardest puncher ever p4p.

Comment

• Originally posted by INFAMOUZ
                    I know that I am going to just get Tito, Tito, Tito.....with this thread, but seriously Tito does not have a proven one-punch finish. I want to see who is considered the best puncher p4p as proven by their ability to end fights with a single punch regardless of the opposition, be it a p4p top-ten fighter or a chump. Tito I add is not reknowned for dropping people with one-shot and keeping them there, he usually hits them several times.

1. Julian Jackson (widely considered p4p hardest hitter)
                    2. Mike Tyson (I think the hardest puncher in history)
                    3. Nigel Benn
                    4. Gerald McCllelan
                    5. Thomas Hearns
                    6. John Mugabi
                    7. Razor Ruddock (Tyson said he hit him the hardest)
                    8. Acelino Freitas (I dislike him, but he can ****)
                    9. Lennox Lewis (Tyson, Ruddock, Rock, Botha)
                    10.Rocky Marciano
                    11.Earnie Shavers
                    12.Arturo Gatti (Ruelas, Gamache)
                    13.George Foreman (Norton, Frazier)
                    14.Felix Trinidad
                    15.Archie Moore
                    16.Manny Pacquiao(Mab,Jmm)"Harder Hitting Featherweight of all time"
                    Pacman should not be in there as his power is cumulative not one punch.
                    Arturo Gatti has faced mediocre, class C fighters just like himself. KOing class C fighters should not put you in the top of "hardest punchers"
                    Acelino Fretias???? you have got to be kiddin me, yes his one punch KO against Barrios was impressive, but he has also not shown enough against good opposition.
                    Mike Tyson should be on that list but not Top 3

Wilfredo Gomez was the hardest punching 122-126 in the history of boxing out of 44 wins he has 42 kos, much of which were one punch KOS.
                    Duran should be on that list
                    Foreman should be higher
                    Joe Louis should also be mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by Yaman
                      No he didnt. Mcclellan took both of their punches and he kept standing(You know damn well what i mean). Mcclellan's punches looked the hardest. He put his full body weight into those right hands and he was built like a true puncher. With those broad shoulders and strong legs etc.

The man in my sig was the hardest puncher ever p4p.
                      If G-Man's punches did carry more force than Benn's, it's because the guy was a light-heavy/cruiser who could make middleweight. Benn on the otherhand was a small middleweight, and didn't need to throw his entire body into punches to knock ****ers out.

Benn was stronger than McClellan, and hit HARDER. But McClellan's punches were heavy due to his technique.
                      Last edited by JuicyJuice; 06-04-2006, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X