Foreman-What If?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hemichromis View Post
    i agree with you there it was brains over brawn and it wasn;t even close
    ** Foreman is highly intelligent, still has his health and brains intact and more money than than many 3rd world countries. It ain't even close.

I'd pick him in the rematch then, now, and for infinite tomorrows.
    Last edited by LondonRingRules; 06-14-2007, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
      I don't think people know how overrated this man is.
      Less overrated than Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Boxclever View Post
        To me Foreman is the second best heavyweight of all time. Not a bad thing to settle for.
        You have Foreman above Louis and Johnson and Dempsey and Marciano? That's crazy. I like George as much as the next guy but 2 is VERY generous. But we all have our opinions I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
          Yeah sure.

Let's give Ali a regulation ring for the rematch instead of the 16 foot one Foreman got in the Zaire fight. Cut off the ring my ass.

If the light hitting negative spoiler Jimmy Young could beat Foreman then surely the 1975-76 Ali does the same.

Foreman looked like an oafish bafoon in his Toronto 5 man exhibition/travesty. It was an embarrasment and an indicator of how far Foreman had fallen after being KO'd by Ali.

The Ali fight shattered Foreman's psyche.

Comment

Originally posted by SABBATH View Post
            Yeah sure.

Let's give Ali a regulation ring for the rematch instead of the 16 foot one Foreman got in the Zaire fight. Cut off the ring my ass.
            ** No need to cut the ring out of your ass unless you just got a big new boyfriend.

Ali couldn't bust an egg after the Foreman fight and coasted on a series of gift decisions.

Comment

Ali couldn't bust an egg after the Foreman fight and coasted on a series of gift decisions.
              Make sure you clean the cow **** off yer boots there country ****er.

Young couldn't bust a grape and never had another notable win after the Foreman fight, while Ali went on defeat Lyle, Frazier, Young, Norton and Shavers among others after 10 counting Big George.

Jimmy lost 3 of his next 4 fights but he dropped Foreman like a bad habit, beat him like he owed him money, and had George seeing and talking to Jesus Christ in the dressing room.
              Last edited by SABBATH; 06-14-2007, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SABBATH View Post
                Make sure you clean the cow **** off yer boots there country ****er.

Young couldn't bust a grape and never had another notable win after the Foreman fight, while Ali went on defeat Lyle, Frazier, Young, Norton and Shavers among others after 10 counting Big George.
                ** Yup, already done wiped you from my boots. Yup, gift decisions until little Leon embarrassed the judges and ref enough to leave their King cash under the table.

Yup!

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis View Post
                  larry and george would be the same age so i dont see holmes beating him.

holmes' chin was not that good at all he just recovered very quickly, against a big strong puncher like foreman he would get KO'd

i don't know who would beat him in the end but i don't see any likely contenders till the 80's!!
                  How the hell do you figure that? With the exception of the Tyson fight, Larry has never been KOed in his career, even in his older years.

Comment

** Foreman is highly intelligent, still has his health and brains intact and more money than than many 3rd world countries. It ain't even close.

foreman was a very stupid fighter in his earlier career, even he would admit that!

the fact that he has been lucky enough to make lots of money and not lose his health in the boxing game has nothing to do with how intelligent he is in the ring.

Comment

If foreman had more technique to his style he no doubt would be up there in the top 5. But his style was just a mauler and even if he had beaten ali he wouldnt be over him in the ratings. Him winning the title from moorer in the 90s just made ali even bigger in ppls minds

Comment

Working...
                      X