Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreman- Moorer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"barely touched him"................did you ever box?

He was getting tagged hard right from the bell. If Tua fought like that throughout his career he would be a top twenty five heavyweight.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

He was getting tagged hard right from the bell. If Tua fought like that throughout his career he would be a top twenty five heavyweight.

Ray
      Indeed....Wasn't quite like the way he stretched Ruiz but pretty devastating nevertheless...Tua's left hand commanded a lot of respect

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Ray
        Im talking about the closing sequence. Tua has hit guys like Rahman and others far better and they weren't sleeping like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorKillJoy View Post
          I just saw the knockout last weekend and I have to say it looked like a dive to me
          The illusory picture we spectators get when we’re not in the ring ourselves.
          The fighter seemingly in control might very well be badly hurt.
          I’ve been fooled several times …

Like Julio Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor.
          Taylor was winning the rounds, but Chavez was winning the exchange of punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
            The illusory picture we spectators get when we’re not in the ring ourselves.
            The fighter seemingly in control might very well be badly hurt.
            I’ve been fooled several times …

Like Julio Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor.
            Taylor was winning the rounds, but Chavez was winning the exchange of punches.
            Exactly. Just like everyone was saying Prichard Colon was faking that he was hurt from the head shots to find a way out of the Williams fight.

Comment

pure dive. its said moorers mouthpiece was split to bits but ive never seen it.

def dive

Comment

That memorable night I was house sitting for a friend. I set the recorder for the fight and went over to a friends house to let his dogs out. While I was there I turned on his tv. Seeing Foreman stagger to his corner round after round with the beating he was taking was hard for me. Then suddenly booom, it was over. Remarkable and miraculous win for Big George. Several surprise wins in the past left a heavy imprint on my memory, the likes of Douglas-Tyson, Weaver-Tate and Foreman-Moorer but this one was nothing short of a miracle.

Comment

George landed a right hand right before the final one. I think that set him up. Foreman saw him pause and then threw it again and landed. Plus all of those stitches in his lip(it was quite a few if I recall) are good evidence. I don't see the point of him diving with the Holyfield rematch on the table and besides, it isn't like Foreman got big paydays afterward with Axel Shulz in a dreadful fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    George landed a right hand right before the final one. I think that set him up. Foreman saw him pause and then threw it again and landed. Plus all of those stitches in his lip(it was quite a few if I recall) are good evidence. I don't see the point of him diving with the Holyfield rematch on the table and besides, it isn't like Foreman got big paydays afterward with Axel Shulz in a dreadful fight.
                    Wasn't it just!.... Remember thinking the German did enough to win it too

Larry Merchant and the judges didn't agree with me... Defo won't be watching it again though

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                      Wasn't it just!.... Remember thinking the German did enough to win it too

Larry Merchant and the judges didn't agree with me... Defo won't be watching it again though
                      I still cant believe he went the distance with that kid who Jimmy Thunder nearly dropped dead in like 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                      X