• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayweatherJR View Post
    Name australias greates boxers...

Lionel Rose
    Jeff Fenech
    Kostya Tyzyu ( We stole him from russia )
    Hector Thompson ( My grandad)
    Anthony Mundine (Two time world champ he will go down in aussie boxing)
    Mundine is far from great. He hasn't beaten anyone of note. The two World titles to his name are paper titles. He fought for Vacant Titles, until he beats a great fighter, he isn't great. Just a fighter with **** loads of potential. I rate his Dad, Tony Mundine a head of him.

Comment

I know he's not great, but I like Jeff Harding. He had a lot of heart and won a world title the hard way. It's a shame it all went down hill for him.

Guys like Green claim to be warriors, they should have a look at Hardings world Title fight in 89' Atlantic City and then they'll know what a warrior looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
        the first one i think of is fenech
        Fenech was a joke. He was great at beating up taxi drivers from Thailand. The only good thing he did was drew with Nelson in Las Vegas, only to get KOed by him 9 months later in Melbourne.

Sad thing is Jeff believes he's great too.

Comment

greatest Australian boxer is Jeff Fenech

if Kostya Tszyu is Australian, then Oscar de la Hoya is Mexican........NOT !

Comment

Originally posted by cyberthugpatrol View Post
            greatest Australian boxer is Jeff Fenech

!
            Stop smoking crack. You know nothing about Australian boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
              Fenech was a joke. He was great at beating up taxi drivers from Thailand. The only good thing he did was drew with Nelson in Las Vegas, only to get KOed by him 9 months later in Melbourne.

Sad thing is Jeff believes he's great too.
              Fenechs win against Marcos Villasana was a thing of Beauty thought. He had his moments but he was a giant bantam and wasn't that small of a jr lightweight. He had huge physical advantages over most of his opponents which made him look better than what he was. I like Rose and agree with you, but Fenech was a huge bantam and would beat him.

Comment

Jimmy "Lefty" Carruthers destroyed South African guy real quick on his home turf too! Jimmy was what you would call 'Old School' a very healthy, strong looking man with lanky old school physique.

Jeff Fenech, Lionel Rose, Johnny Famechon, Barry Michael, Lester Ellis, Jeff Harding. These guys have brought World Titles home To Australia and how's the reception they got from the Australian Public. These guys are pioneers of Australian boxing.

Also Tony Mundine Snr was a great fighter. I have respect for Tony Snr as a fighter and how he conducts himself as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by MayweatherJR View Post
                  Name australias greates boxers...
                  ** Please, no need to mention the recent Aussie pretender who can no longer fight anymore.

You chaps seem to forget Peter Jackson and Bob Fitzsimmons both earned their chops in down under before sailing to America.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                    ** Please, no need to mention the recent Aussie pretender who can no longer fight anymore.

You chaps seem to forget Peter Jackson and Bob Fitzsimmons both earned their chops in down under before sailing to America.
                    I can't believe I forgot Bob Fitzsimmons 'Triple World Champion'!

Comment

Young Griffo--although he never won a world title--has got to be in the list. He's in Canastota.

Comment

Working...
                      X