Collapse
No announcement yet.

unbreakable!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harold Lederman, love that guy. He really has a distinct voice that you can't miss, but for the longest time I didn't even know what he looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
      Harold Lederman, love that guy. He really has a distinct voice that you can't miss, but for the longest time I didn't even know what he looked like.
      Here's several pictures of our 2005 induction ceremonies and you will see Harold and his daughter.

http://www.boxing-pics.com/nj_hof05/...d_hof2005.html

Just double click on any of the pictues.
      Last edited by hhascup; 12-26-2006, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
        Wepner is the life of any party. He is always making everyone laugh. When I saw him last week at a Ring #8 affair he and his wife came over and talked me and my wife. Frazier, Cooney, Griffith, Antuofermo, LaPorte, Boom Boom Mancini, Norton, Barkley, Bert Sugar, were among those in attendance.

At the dinner, Wepner came over and took pictures with everyone and pointed to me and said, here's a guy that does more for the boxers then anyone he knows. He also said that I was one of the most knowledgeable people in all of boxing. He really made me feel pretty good.

I also know many boxing judges including Harold Lederman, who also says the same thing.
        Yes, I met Pep several times. I have been the President of the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame for 21 years and their Historian for several year more.

During that time, I met and even introduced many all time Greats as Ali, Frazier, Pep, Saddler, Griffith, Holyfield, etc. Several weeks ago I had to go to the Grand Central Station and for over 3 hours, I had to introduce the Klitschko's, Brock and Ali's daughter.

When they had the Ring Book Encyclopedia, I fixed over 2000 boxer records, including over 200 World Champions. I use to go through the Newspaper micro-films for years.

As far as films go, I have ALMOST all of them! My wife keeps telling me, where are you going to put them. I also have several World Championship Belts, including a copy of the John L. Sullivan Belt. I also have old boxing gloves that go back before 1900, Sonny Liston's gloves when he fought my friend Chuck Wepner, Tony Riccio's gloves when he fought Sugar Ray Robinson, I have a speed bag that Marciano used, ticket stubs that go back before 1900, including several world title bouts. I also have a poster of the Dempsey-Tunney bout and I lot more.

I envy you

Comment

Yes, I met Pep several times. I have been the President of the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame for 21 years and their Historian for several year more.

During that time, I met and even introduced many all time Greats as Ali, Frazier, Pep, Saddler, Griffith, Holyfield, etc. Several weeks ago I had to go to the Grand Central Station and for over 3 hours, I had to introduce the Klitschko's, Brock and Ali's daughter.

When they had the Ring Book Encyclopedia, I fixed over 2000 boxer records, including over 200 World Champions. I use to go through the Newspaper micro-films for years.

As far as films go, I have ALMOST all of them! My wife keeps telling me, where are you going to put them. I also have several World Championship Belts, including a copy of the John L. Sullivan Belt. I also have old boxing gloves that go back before 1900, Sonny Liston's gloves when he fought my friend Chuck Wepner, Tony Riccio's gloves when he fought Sugar Ray Robinson, I have a speed bag that Marciano used, ticket stubs that go back before 1900, including several world title bouts. I also have a poster of the Dempsey-Tunney bout and I lot more.
          I knew u knew ur stuff! Thats awsum, i wish i was invoved like that! Who was the coolest guy out of all the boxing crowd uve met then Hh u lucky bastard!?

Comment

Originally posted by ROBO #1 View Post
            I knew u knew ur stuff! Thats awsum, i wish i was invoved like that! Who was the coolest guy out of all the boxing crowd uve met then Hh u lucky bastard!?
            There many, Wepner, Bobby Czyz, Michael Spinks, Boom Boom, Cooney, Holmes, gee, I can go on and on. I love them all.

Comment

There many, Wepner, Bobby Czyz, Michael Spinks, Boom Boom, Cooney, Holmes, gee, I can go on and on. I love them all.
              Ur connections make me burn up with jealousy!
              I met Ricky Hatton and Scott Harrison - both in the PUB! Always thought Bobby C would be cool, thought Holmes mite be a bit of a prick tho! Did u talk boxin or just normal chit chat?

Comment

Originally posted by ROBO #1 View Post
                Ur connections make me burn up with jealousy!
                I met Ricky Hatton and Scott Harrison - both in the PUB! Always thought Bobby C would be cool, thought Holmes mite be a bit of a prick tho! Did u talk boxin or just normal chit chat?
                When I talked to Holmes, I brought up Bert Sugar's all-time heavyweight listings, which he has Holmes at #10. I stated that in my book, he is a lot higher. He was nice, maybe because the person that brought him their, was a good friend of mine, by the name of Jody Ballard, who was a heavyweight years ago.

A couple of years ago, I was honored along with Arturo Gatti, Don King, Buddy McGirt and Bernard Hopkins. Hopkins was very nice, in fact I gave a speech about the Greatest thing I ever did and it had nothing to do with sports. It was raising my 4 kids for 8 years by myself. The oldest one was just turning 10, then a girl 8, another boy 5 and my little girl, who was only 3.

After I gave my speech, he said, Henry and took my hand and said, "that was GREAT!" I'll never forget it. I still have the poster that had all of us on it.

Comment

Congratulations man, you seem like a good Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali/Marciano View Post
                    Congratulations man, you seem like a good Joe.
                    Well, I hope so!

Most people I know think so as I give a lot for kids that don't have any parents. I run picnic's and Christmas Party's for them every year. I never will forget where I came from, I was in several foster homes when I was a kid and I will always remember the people that really cared for me.

Comment

When I talked to Holmes, I brought up Bert Sugar's all-time heavyweight listings, which he has Holmes at #10. I stated that in my book, he is a lot higher. He was nice, maybe because the person that brought him their, was a good friend of mine, by the name of Jody Ballard, who was a heavyweight years ago.

A couple of years ago, I was honored along with Arturo Gatti, Don King, Buddy McGirt and Bernard Hopkins. Hopkins was very nice, in fact I gave a speech about the Greatest thing I ever did and it had nothing to do with sports. It was raising my 4 kids for 8 years by myself. The oldest one was just turning 10, then a girl 8, another boy 5 and my little girl, who was only 3.

After I gave my speech, he said, Henry and took my hand and said, "that was GREAT!" I'll never forget it. I still have the poster that had all of us on it.
                      Thats just awsum man, awsum. Raising kids is no joke man, i know! 4 Kids on ur own, thats real commendable. Still Jealous as a jealous duz tho!

Comment

Working...
                      X