No announcement yet.

Boxing Scene: Help Me with a Program!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Scene: Help Me with a Program!

I have asked alot of questions since joining BS and I am always so amazed with the vast ammount of knowledge and helpfullness. I decided instead of asking so many small questions about strength training and conditioning, why not just have you guys help me design my program. I'll be handing out good karma for all those who help, wish i had enough points to pass around but i dont.

Height: 5-8
    Weight: 125
    Boxing Training: Mon, Wed, Fri 2.5 hours
    Goal: Compete in the Amateurs, not sure what I want to get from boxing after that

I need to deisgn a program for Tues, Thurs, Saturday. I'd like to incoporate strength training and speed/conditioning as well. If any1 could just write out an idea that would be helpful. I'd like to do this at home the resources i have are:

Speedrope, Jogging Route(live near a great road), Incline Bench, Powerblock Dumbells (10 pounds to 50 pounds), Bodyweight Exersies.

Once again just looking for help in developing a program around dumbells, bodyweight, roadwork and skipping for off days. Any1 who can help at all I will be in debt to you.

Coreano

Just do what I do on the off days. Basic ground work.

So press ups etc. Do 3 sets and do them explosively. Do them in the morning and night if you want extra intensity. Leave it at that. The 2.5 hours in the gym is sufficient to supplement that I would say.

Comment

I'll write something up for you tonight, when I get back from the gym.

Edit: Oh and keep reading stuff like that Rossboxing link you posted. It'll make you smarter!

Comment

For Tuesday Thursday Saturday...

Tuesday and Saturday use those dumbells and work on swings, cleans, snatch, get ups...and vary your rep ranges. Tuesday could be a lower rep day like 2-6 reps and Saturday can be 8-12 reps. Thursday do some light bodyweight stuff in higher reps 30+.

Comment

http://www.********boxing.com/forum/...ad.php?t=23633

bamn.. excellent thread..

Comment

e a s t s i d e b o x i n g is what is censored

Comment

yeah esb is really good i post there

Comment

Yeah, they good lots of smart people but there's more traffic here.

Comment

Are you new to the sport? If so, I wouldn't workout on the offdays if I were you. Only day I would workout was saturday. Conditioning isn't important right now, skill and technique is the most important aspect when you are starting out. You should start trying to figure out how to get more conditioned once you have the basics.

Comment

Working...
                  X