No announcement yet.

which are legal striking areas ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which are legal striking areas ?

i'm guessing the jaw, cheeks, chin, nose, and ribs are the only legal areas to hit?

what about the forehead, breasts, ears,under ears, sides of head, stomach, solar plexus, etc.?

In boxing? As long as it's above the belt it's fine. Just no kidney or rabbit punchers.

Comment

ohhhh, so when blocking, do you have to tuck your elbows in, hugging your ribs, and open gloves covering the jaws, cheeks and nose? that would leave your forehead, ears, and side of heads open, right? is that normal?

Comment

you cant defend everything when covering so the stronger areas are left uncovered keeping the face and side ribs covered. hopefully you dont have to spend too much time covering because its no way to win- unless your name is ali of course!!

Comment

You have to move. You're gonna get hit in boxing and you can't defend everywhere so you just have to get a good mixture of offense and defense.

Comment

makes sense, thanks

Comment

are these the targets that winky wright blocks with his defense style?

does he use open glove? i havent seen a fight in a long time

Comment

Anything above the waist not behind the body, which includes everything.

Comment

Originally posted by deh707
                  are these the targets that winky wright blocks with his defense style?

does he use open glove? i havent seen a fight in a long time

It is tough to pinpoint the exact spots which Wright covers with dots like that. He uses open gloves, turned inward against himself when covering up, kind of like "putting on the earmuffs"

Comment

Working...
                  X