No announcement yet.

What next for Mr. Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What next for Mr. Froch?

What do you want to see Carl do next to put the proverbial cherry on top of his remarkable and exciting career?

Personally I think he should fight Cleverly and finish things by attempting to become a two-division world champion.

A great way to go out - matching Joe's efforts - and a huge, well-paid fight that would really help put boxing on the map in the UK.

Nathan needs this fight as well and it could be making of him if he wins.

Anyone else agree with this or should Carl try and settle the score against Ward, grab another super middleweight belt against Stieglitz or have a 'decider' agains Mikkel on neutral ground?

Definitely wouldn't want a fight with Stieglitz and although it would no doubt be good, I think him and Kessler should call it a day at 1-1.

Ward is a fight I would like but with Ward travelling abroad to add that bit of spice to the fight.

Not too hyped about Cleverly, Hopkins would be OK though.

Comment

A fight against Cleverley isn't a bad idea. Would generate huge interest in the UK although wouldn't mean much elsewhere.

I would say a weight limit of 172 would be fair too.

Purely from an excitement point of view I'd like to see him against Martin Murray but I know that's not going to happen.

Otherwise, from a promotional aspect, there's not a lot of options other than Ward that are worth the risk/for the money.

But I do think that Ward has to travel. The fact that he was the only one of the Super Six who didn't just isn't fair. I also don't remember the first fight as being as one sided as many of here claim (someone claimed it was a shut out the other day). Ward fought clever & reminded me of Gianfranco Rosi in that bout. Land a sneaky punch then grab.

Either way it was a great win for Froch & he & Kessler deserve our respect.

Comment

He should knock George Groves out for running his mouth.

Comment

Am i the only who thinks Froch vs Chavez jr will be a war and an exiting fight to watch !? Jr easily make the 168 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by kennylimon View Post
            Am i the only who thinks Froch vs Chavez jr will be a war and an exiting fight to watch !? Jr easily make the 168 lbs
            I think it will be a very good fight but it would mean Froch having to travel to Vegas. And they'd have to pay him very well to do so.

I think that Chavez will have a lesser fight in his return so maybe this is doable next summer.

Comment

I am guessing Cleverly v Carl depends on politics...

.....namely Hearn and Warren being able to sit down in the same room and make a deal, so it might be a non-starter. Warren would want it on BoxNation and Hearn could hardly tell Sky that they don't get this one!

Then again....the money is too good to ignore and they're both businessmen.

Reading Boxing News for the big preview it seems that what Carl wants (and that is a really key consideration) is to settle the score with Ward.

I'd prefer Carl to become a two-weight champion and have a proper showdown with Nathan, but I suspect that Ward has got an e-mail from Nottingham in his inbox.

Comment

what's the name of that ceremony where they kneel in front of the queen? she taps you on the shoulder with a sword, and everybody's gotta kiss your ass after that?

bloody knighthood, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  what's the name of that ceremony where they kneel in front of the queen? she taps you on the shoulder with a sword, and everybody's gotta kiss your ass after that?

bloody knighthood, innit?

i reckon they should make him sheriff!

Comment

I'd like him to go up to 175 or a superfight with Martinez if he can fit that weight. I don't want him to fight Ward again because he'll get dominated again

Comment

Working...
                    X