No announcement yet.

De LaHoya Vs JIMMY CLABBY - 20 Rd. Fight-WHO WINS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De LaHoya Vs JIMMY CLABBY - 20 Rd. Fight-WHO WINS

, Bet NOBODY has ever thought about THIS MATCH-UP, This is out of left field I know but how about it ??,......OSCAR DE LA HOYA Vs JIMMY CLABBY ,..........THE RULES,... 6oz. Gloves,...20 Rounds,,,, And 1916 Judges and referee ,..........THE VENUE,......SYDNEY STADIUM,................................... ,................................................. .................................................. ....................... For those of you who don't know who Clabby is, he fought EVERY Top Middleweight of his time and had victories over just about all of them. He was loved and idolised in America and Australia. He was an American Welterweight and Middleweight but was probably best as a MW. He had several visits to Australia and loved fighting there that much he lived there untill the end of his life as an Honorary And Bona fide Aussie hero. Clabby is maybe well known for 3 losses in his 3 fights with Les Darcy, he went SIXTY rounds with the Greatest Australian Boxer to ever live, no folks Jimmy was one Brave S.O.B. , Jimmy did better against Darcy than anyone and although well beaten in the first two he did put in an impressive performance against the irresistable force and managed to win 4 or 5 rounds if I recall correctly and only copped bad punishment in the last couple of rounds. The fact that he managed to go the distance in 3 fights with the Aussie was purely due to Clabby's fantastic defensive abilities for he was a master boxer.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,.................... So folks how will this fight turn out ? I also want to see what sort of odds you have Pre-Fight,,,,,, REMEMBER , This fight under 1916 conditions,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, PLEASE NOTE THE 4th POLL OPTION SHOULD READ,,,,,, ....CLABBY BY U.D.20,,,,, the K.O. was a TYPO.
    De La HOYA wins by K.O.
    20.00%
    JIMMY CLABBY wins by K.O.
    20.00%
    De La HOYA wins by U.D.20
    0.00%
    JIMMY CLABBY wins by K.O.
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by McGoorty; 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM. Reason: 4th poll option actually Clabby by U.D.20 not kO

That Vote For Clabby should stir some, OSCAR fans may be afraid of Jimmy, they are awfully quiet,.... the calm before the storm.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      That Vote For Clabby should stir some, OSCAR fans may be afraid of Jimmy, they are awfully quiet,.... the calm before the storm.
      Upon his death, T.S. Andrews, a noted sports publisher of his day, issued a press a press release about Jimmy Clabby's passing, Here he quotes the Indiana Wasp, in a classic boxing quote,.... "Gee, It's tough to be broke, but boy, when I think of those days I hobnobbed with the Millionaires, and spent money like a drunken sailor, it just makes me feel like I were in a dream. But, on the level, I'm not sore about it, and if I had to do it all over again, I guess I'd do the same thing".

Comment

The fact of the matter is; Oscar was not built for 1916 conditions.

I would have to argue that Clabby was a better WW than he was MW also, but that's just my opinion.

The Indianna Wasp was a very good fighter but I think Oscar's style would give Clabby some issues.

But could Oscar fight for 20 Rounds? I don't think he could.

I'm going to say because Jimmy was obviously used to the conditions of the era and has every advantage of that, along with ahead of him time ability, I'm going to be controversial and say Clabby wins an SD.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          The fact of the matter is; Oscar was not built for 1916 conditions.

I would have to argue that Clabby was a better WW than he was MW also, but that's just my opinion.

The Indianna Wasp was a very good fighter but I think Oscar's style would give Clabby some issues.

But could Oscar fight for 20 Rounds? I don't think he could.

I'm going to say because Jimmy was obviously used to the conditions of the era and has every advantage of that, along with ahead of him time ability, I'm going to be controversial and say Clabby wins an SD.
          Good analysis. I too think/know that Oscar couldn't fight under those conditions, and it would be a lot closer today, but I gotta go with Jimmy there too, similar in ability maybe but Clabby's 100 plus fights puts him into the young veteran class and he was agreat spoiler when he was in trouble, 40 rds against Darcy attests to that. I'd love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            Good analysis. I too think/know that Oscar couldn't fight under those conditions, and it would be a lot closer today, but I gotta go with Jimmy there too, similar in ability maybe but Clabby's 100 plus fights puts him into the young veteran class and he was agreat spoiler when he was in trouble, 40 rds against Darcy attests to that. I'd love to see it.
            I still think Clabby wins. Can't see oscar winning over 20 rounds, I think Iron Dan is on the money.

Comment

Very intersting macth up, I've only seen one fight of Clabby so I'm just going by that.

I think Clabby has a bad style for De La Hoya, he seemed to sit outside and jump in with combos and then work on the inside after that. I see DLH's good straight punches messing him up as he tries to get in.

In a 12 round fight I have DLH UD.

However, there is no doubt in my mind Clabby is fitter and tougher. For the last 12 rounds of the Trinidad fight Oscar "coasted" I don't think Clabby would need to coast as he'd still have plenty of energy to use up.

As the rounds get longer Clabby's chances get bigger and I see anything above 12 being a huge problem for De la Hoya. With these 6oz gloves and the huge gulf in toughness I can only favour Clabby in a 20 round contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Very intersting macth up, I've only seen one fight of Clabby so I'm just going by that.

I think Clabby has a bad style for De La Hoya, he seemed to sit outside and jump in with combos and then work on the inside after that. I see DLH's good straight punches messing him up as he tries to get in.

However, there is no doubt in my mind Clabby is fitter and tougher. For the last 12 rounds of the Trinidad fight Oscar "coasted" I don't think Clabby would need to coast as he'd still have plenty of energy to use up.

As the rounds get longer Clabby's chances get bigger and I see anything above 12 being a huge problem for De la Hoya. With these 6oz gloves and the huge gulf in toughness I can only favour Clabby in a 20 round contest.
                That's the key for me.

I don't think Oscar could handle the conditions of 1916. He would struggle, badly.

He is not built for that era.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Yes, I think so, but a fight under 12 rd conditions would make things a lot more even. I presume the Clabby fight you mean was the Darcy fight, the fact that Clabby went 20 rounds twice with Darcy puts him in an elite squad. Jimmy Clabby could really bang too, he knocked out a heavyweight or two, but against Darcy he was outmatched in strength. I think DeLaHoya and Clabby have similar builds and is a good match up, Jimmy was a formidable WW and fought in a great MW era. Oscar DelaHoya matches Clabby and speed, but in the end Clabby has twice the experience. Thanks for your analysis mate.

Comment

:------------- JIMMY CLABBY ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X