Fight night Demo Strategies...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight night Demo Strategies...

Yoyo!

Man i am so stoked to get the full game of this demo!

Ok so what are some things you've noticed that have worked so far?

Jab is pretty beast this game, I Finally beat Ali with Tyson by setting up all my punches with the jab. As the match slows i started to sidestep when he moves in to attack and catch him with uppercuts.

With Cotto vs pac i usually fight as a counter puncher i side step outside of pac's power and shoot the L upper and straight right hand. until i built a rhythm and then to switch it up i step inside and throw straight right left hook right upper. I've Ko'ed him stepping inside with the right cross... so beast!

wow i feel like a gay SOB for posting this... :S

Comment

I like to counter alot. Not in the "flash" sense but but rather let off my combo's and set out and jump in to openings. Doesn't always work for me in FNC because I like to fight as Mike Tyson and the reach is a big problem.

I've tried side stepping and have caught Ali with some bombs but lose anyway cause im **** lol

I need some pointers man. I've boxed in real life and know my **** but on games, I useless! Just got the XBox and have one guy from boxingscene on my friends list (ErikK) lol SMH

Talk about a sad life!

Comment

I nearly just beat Ali for the first time, got a SD Loss. I outlanded him in the first but he had the better percentage of landed punches and won on 2 out of the three scorecards. In round 2 I got caught into a war and he won the round. In round 3 I managed to pull off what I wanted to do and that was to move in and out, throw punches in bunches and I won the round.

So I think the best thing to do is to just do that really as going to war favours him. I normally lose the round when I throw 130 odds punches but in the final round I threw just 89 and won it.

Comment

I like to stay on the outside and use my jab.

Comment

I beat Ali with Tyson today for the first time.

How? By boxing him on the outside LOL - With Tyson!!!

I couldn't believe how often I was catching him.

Round 1: Stepping in with my jab and trying to land at least a 3 hit combo to the body. Now and again working to the head. Started side stepping alot and trying new combo's and they were working!

Round 2: He upped his work rate and jab. Gave me a bit of trouble but still tried to work his body and side step right and left to catch him with uppercuts followed by straights and hooks. He edged this round though.

Round 3: Came out same tactic, trying to side step to the right and right hook. Caught him clean with a minute into the round and dropped him with that side step shot. He got up and tried coming at me hard, I left myself alil open trying to take him out but won the round and the fight.

I was playing the CPU and had been having difficulties with its work rate but today, I think I worked it out. Ima try stopping him next time.
            Last edited by Terrel; 02-08-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

yeah i find with tyson vs Ali yo have to be either outside of his range or very close range. you can't be in the middle or you'll get picked apart.

I use the jab allot to break the gap vs ALI. I fight in spots, get out and jab to set up the right hand. sometime i'll slip inside underneath his punches using the weave motion.

But to be honest i've landed some bombs and he's never been hurt to bad... it's so frustrating!!! but i try to stick to this game plan.

Pac is easy now, i used to have trouble with him but now, i beat him like a school girl who owes me lunch money. (w/ Cotto)

Comment

Weaving with Tyson on PS3 feels alot easier than on the xbox.

Don't really do it much but when im weaving I do make Ali miss quite alot. I've tried once or twice to use my jab to come in and close the gap but just prefer on waiting for Ali to snap that jab so that I could counter.

I work rate isn't that much across the 3 rounds. Rarely throw more than 210 punches, that'l be a maximum so I try to be as defensive and possible aswell as making all my punches count. With my style I think I need too, especially with the work rate the CPU runs at.

Comment

Body work

does anyone have good advice for body work? I always throw up top pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                    Weaving with Tyson on PS3 feels alot easier than on the xbox.

Don't really do it much but when im weaving I do make Ali miss quite alot. I've tried once or twice to use my jab to come in and close the gap but just prefer on waiting for Ali to snap that jab so that I could counter.

I work rate isn't that much across the 3 rounds. Rarely throw more than 210 punches, that'l be a maximum so I try to be as defensive and possible aswell as making all my punches count. With my style I think I need too, especially with the work rate the CPU runs at.
                    word, ali's chin is a *****, i just wait to counter with tysons overhand right, it takes a couple, but by rd three, i have dropped or atleast hurt him a couple of times

anyway, my strategy in this game is usually fighting on the outside, jabbing, coming in with a normal jab to the body then hitting the modifier button to hit them with a big cross upstairs, throw quick punches, always being ready to leap back or sidestep and hit them with a modified counter cross

also the hook with the lead hand works wonder for people trying to leap in with a bodyshot, i've checked hooked a couple of guys and it usually just ends with no count

very few go past 3 rounds, everyone seems to suck at this game so far

Comment

Working...
                    X