Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holmes paid Frazier's medical bill

Larry Holmes....

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-na...d-a-lot-of-fun

guy can talk **** about any boxer today, hes doing an all time great a solid and thats good man.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Thanks for posting that, good little read. Classy stuff from Holmes, nice to see him and Frazier are friends and that Joe has buried the hatchet with Ali, last i heard on his opinion of Ali was at the Olympics where Ali lit the fire, Joe seemingly mumbled "I hope the old fool falls in" lol

Boxers need to learn some money skills, too many great fighters end up broke

Comment

Nice article. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

I'll also add that it's sad Philadelphia will put up a statue of a fictional boxer(Rocky Balboa) and not one of Joe Frazier. A shame really.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            I'll also add that it's sad Philadelphia will put up a statue of a fictional boxer(Rocky Balboa) and not one of Joe Frazier. A shame really.
            Considering where the statue is placed (at the bottom of the steps). Joe Frazier ran up them for training and they got the idea from him.

Comment

Hey he even made it into the HOF! What do u guys think about that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                He did do a lot for casual fans, and probably sparked a few great interests in boxing so I think yes. If Joe Cortez can get in, I can get in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Honestly I'm not bothered by that considering the various types of boxing related people that go to the hall. I might be biased there because I do like the Rocky films lol

Comment

yes its a shame yet IMO the Rocky I film is based on Joe Frazier, Stallone stole the image he portrayed from the Frazier v Ali documentary/film "The Fighters"... it was too close to it for it not to have been from that film, Stallone then said he got the idea from watching Chuck Wepner.. but the image (Rocky) he stole from Joe Frazier:
                    1/. The hat he wore
                    2/. working in the slaughter house
                    3/. the speedball training

Comment

Working...
                    X