???
    ???
    Hagler
    69.57%
    De La Hoya
    30.43%

oscar is more skilled,marvin was a one dimensional fighter,

Comment

Hagler was more skilled and that is not even debatable.

LOL @ at the dude that said Hagler was one dimensional

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
        I like Oscar as far as skills as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          I like Oscar as far as skills as well.
          How about someone explains this interesting theory

Comment

you do,do you,good you know what you are saying,

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
              How about someone explains this interesting theory
              I second this

Comment

Oscar was one of the most talented fighters of the last 30 years. From his jab to his devastating left hook, his mid range skills, his ability to mix it up on the inside and come out on top, and his ability to go 12 rounds. There weren't many fighters who could outbox Oscar for 12 rounds - not even Tito. Oscar had a very easy time outboxing him and with bad advice from his corner decided to try to coast to a victory which cost him dearly in his first loss.

He had lots of speed, lots of power, great footwork, awesome style and the stamina to win big in the championship rounds, ie his 11 rd KO of Fernando Vargas.

Let's also not forget where Oscar started his career and finished it - he fought everybody there was to fight aside from Winky Wright, but that fight would have sucked anyway as Winky is one of the most painful fighters to watch.

I'm not hating on Marvin Hagler, I just think Oscar had a skillset slightly higher than his.

Comment

the theory is rather very easy,oscar had faster hands,better foot movement,was able to read opponents and adjust his game plan accordingly,oscar fought a group of fighters much more talented than the group marvin fought,remember oscar did this at many different weight classes,

Comment

the theory is rather very easy,oscar had faster hands,better foot movement,was able to read opponents and adjust his game plan accordingly,oscar fought a group of fighters much more talented than the group marvin fought,remember oscar did this at many different weight classes,
                    Yes, whereas Hagler cleaned out and ruled over a mediocre middleweight division and was soon defeated by Sugar Ray Leonard who started his career at Welterweight, was able to move up to 160 and defeat Hagler ultimately ending his career.

Comment

Working...
                    X