No announcement yet.

Harold Johnson outpoints top heavyweight Eddie Machen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold Johnson outpoints top heavyweight Eddie Machen

One of the most textbook boxers of all time doing what he does best, outboxing his heavier opponent Eddie Machen (who wasn't a half-bad boxer himself):

Uploaded by McGrain.
    Last edited by TheGreatA; 05-25-2010, 02:41 PM.

Thanks for that.

Do you know if Johnson's fight with Doug Jones was recorded? I'm guessing it was, but I haven't even come close to finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDreamer View Post
      Thanks for that.

Do you know if Johnson's fight with Doug Jones was recorded? I'm guessing it was, but I haven't even come close to finding it.
      yes it was recorded

Comment

Originally posted by TheDreamer View Post
        Thanks for that.

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=PXQS6WI1

Comment

Excellent!

Many thanks to you TheGreatA.

Comment

Thank you for the uploads but although Harold Johnson was a top15 ever at 175 , this fight's outcome , just like many others is a proof to Machen's lack of quality. Machen is just greatly overrated. Against fair and above opposition , he lost almost every time. Jones' and Johnsons' KO's of Foster at 175 , are the explanations to why Foster is in no way a top15 at 175. Tarver is definitely above Foster. Even Glen Johnson and Reggie Johnson are above Foster at this weight.

Comment

Stark correction : And Machen is in no way a top HW. Maybe for his extremely poor time he was.
              It is hard to even call him a HW.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
                Thank you for the uploads but although Harold Johnson was a top15 ever at 175 , this fight's outcome , just like many others is a proof to Machen's lack of quality. Machen is just greatly overrated. Against fair and above opposition , he lost almost every time. Jones' and Johnsons' KO's of Foster at 175 , are the explanations to why Foster is in no way a top15 at 175. Tarver is definitely above Foster. Even Glen Johnson and Reggie Johnson are above Foster at this weight.
                Joe Frazier would disagree with you about Machen.

Frazier said he was the best boxer(Scientific)he ever fought.He said he had more moves than a moving company.Sonny Liston also said Machen was a great boxer.Machen went 12 rounds with Liston when he was in his prime.Machen also fought Cleveland Williams and alot of very good fighters,ducking no one.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
                  Joe Frazier would disagree with you about Machen.

Frazier said he was the best boxer(Scientific)he ever fought.He said he had more moves than a moving company.Sonny Liston also said Machen was a great boxer.Machen went 12 rounds with Liston when he was in his prime.Machen also fought Cleveland Williams and alot of very good fighters,ducking no one.
                  Joe Frazier also thinks that he would have beat Tyson and Marciano no problem and it is easy to imagine what he will say about Tua .
                  Machen was a journeyman in a weak era.
                  Holmes is saying Shavers hit him harder than Tyson , Lyle says Shavers hit him harder than Foreman , and Louis ranked Billy Conn above Rocky Marciano. Just believe everything they say.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
                    Joe Frazier also thinks that he would have beat Tyson and Marciano no problem and it is easy to imagine what he will say about Tua .
                    Machen was a journeyman in a weak era.
                    Holmes is saying Shavers hit him harder than Tyson , Lyle says Shavers hit him harder than Foreman , and Louis ranked Billy Conn above Rocky Marciano. Just believe everything they say.
                    Pound for pound Billy Conn is a lot better then Marciano (imo), you disagree that Shavers hit harder then Tyson and Foreman ?.

Tyson's power mostly came from his speed and accuracy of his combinations I'm not underestimating his punching power but he didn't have the 1 punch power that Shavers had.

Lyle went toe to toe with both him and slugged it out, if anyone was to know who hit harder, it's him, can't really argue that.

If Foreman was to throw his entire body into a punch instead of just arm punches though there would of been a clear distance between them I'm sure :P.

Comment

Working...
                    X