No announcement yet.

Developing AMAZING footwork...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developing AMAZING footwork...

I have noticed in the gym that some veterans have decent footwork and some have AMAZING once.

I am wondering as a newbie What is the best way to develop my footwork so I can master it once I become more exprienced.

I know there is skipping and transfering weight back and forth in the stance.

But I am really going to dedicate time developing it in my garage when Im not in the gym

So if you got any tips or ideas or any method you use and are willing to share please let me know

at this moment, just move around in ur boxing stance tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
      I have noticed in the gym that some veterans have decent footwork and some have AMAZING once.

I am wondering as a newbie What is the best way to develop my footwork so I can master it once I become more exprienced.

I know there is skipping and transfering weight back and forth in the stance.

But I am really going to dedicate time developing it in my garage when Im not in the gym

So if you got any tips or ideas or any method you use and are willing to share please let me know
      your only going to get the best information from your trainers and then you can put in extra work outside of the gym. for now the best you can do is to watch fight footage and tutorials online and mimic it. The next thing to do that would help make your outside training more efficient is to record yourself and either post it up for others to examine or for your own personal critic. you can also get into ladder training which is a form of plyometrics.

Comment

Repetition my friend. Repetition.

A lot of people have flat feet and some just have no rhythm.

Not everyone can have amazing footwork.

But the best you can do is just to learn to move effectively in your stance.

Comment

Do alot of shadowboxing whilst concentrating more on moving effeciently.

Also same on the heavybag, concentrate more on movement around the heavybag rather than just standing in front of it blasting away.

Comment

rope skipping
            shadow boxing
            circling the heavy bag (while you are hitting it of course)

thats the best thing you could do as a beginner IMO. and do em over and over again

Comment

put a big X on the floor with tape, stand in your stance and pivot around the diffrent marks.

it is just to make sure u make a habit of pivoting, alot of ppl (myself included) step too much which leaves more spots to get hit, wastes energy and takes longer time to put u in position.

other then that do what everyone told u, shadowbox and skip rope. its better to move around a double end bag then a heavybag though, but eighter one works ofcourse.

videotape yourself like someone mentioned, make sure u are taking small steps and bending your knees.

Comment

Working...
              X