No announcement yet.

a lot to learn??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a lot to learn??

can a fighter learn to dance like muhammed ali??

Can a fighter learn to dance like Ali?

Without a doubt, yes, he can.

But, it is not definite if he can make the movements as effective, nor get away with some of the moves in the ring as Ali did with out negative consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDac
      Can a fighter learn to dance like Ali?

Without a doubt, yes, he can.

But, it is not definite if he can make the movements as effective, nor get away with some of the moves in the ring as Ali did with out negative consequences.

I think it would be dangerous to do it too much like he did. As Cassius he was blazingly fast on his feet but had the reaction time and handspeed as well to dominate and not take too much damage. After the long lay off he lost some of the foot speed, but his hand speed and reflexes were still on point. He still danced but more like a waltz than a salsa. And this translated to him taking more punishment. Actually taking on the guys he did and leaving his hands low and letting big tough dudes hit him and waving them in and fighting way too late is what caused him to get so hurt.

So in my opinion don't dance like Ali. Dance like Cassius. But only if you have tremendous dexterity and speed of foot and hand. And don't try the lean back strategy of avoiding punches. I still don't know how the hell he got away with that!

Comment

thank you for all, but i got to ask,what kind of exercises will make me to dance like cassius??

Comment

Originally posted by abidi
          thank you for all, but i got to ask,what kind of exercises will make me to dance like cassius??
          take some dancing classes
          hit the clubs
          and no time youll be as great if not greater then ali
          i can just tell
          theres something special about you

altho it might be special in akind of handicap sorta way

Comment

Originally posted by abidi
            The same way you get to Carnegie Hall. Practice, practice, practice. Just keep working on foot work like mad. There may be better excersise like sprints and other cross training but I am not super fleet of foot so I am not the man to answer this.

Comment

There are no exercises for fluid foot movement. But there are practices you could do.

Since you are really hellbent on moving as Ali (or Cassius ) did, then get as many films as you can of him in action...and study, study, study. Watch how he carries himself forward and retreats, watch his lateral movements (usually to his left I think), watch how he pivots or shuffles out of dangerous situations, watch how he taunts and showboats.

Then begin to practice those same techniques and movements. Look at it as shadowboxing without the punches, just focus on moving, "dancing" in the ring (since you seem really intent on his movement rather than offense).

Jumprope religiously trying to advance to more intense maneuvers. As someone else said take dancing classes (seriously) you will be much better with fluidity on your lower body.

Repetition is your key.

Warning though, if you spar, be cautious about dancing around making your sparring partner look foolish, as he may try to get revenge. Especially if you bust out the Ali Shuffle

Comment

in order to perform the ali showboat style you need a tremendous stamina. aswell as a natural dance-jump ability.

if you have this then you can incorporate shuffles and taunts in your program.. but if your going that way you should somehow already have it in your blood..

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Harry
                  in order to perform the ali showboat style you need a tremendous stamina. aswell as a natural dance-jump ability.

if you have this then you can incorporate shuffles and taunts in your program.. but if your going that way you should somehow already have it in your blood..
                  yea i kinda agree wit ya on dat one

Comment

ja. tanzen mit der teufel, me zo horny..

Comment

Working...
                    X