No announcement yet.

ANYONE know a good VEGETARIAN diet???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANYONE know a good VEGETARIAN diet???

Well me being vege. I must admit recovery time is longer on a vege diet. Also feel hungy a lot. THe main problem is there is NOTHING FILLING in vege diet, like for eg when you eat a skinless grilled chicken that fills you up. But being vege always have hunger cravings. I used to eat meat but gave it up. SO anyway anyone know the right combination of foods i should be eating??

Vegetarian includes no eggs and no fish. But dairy is allowed!!!

Anyone know??

True vegetarian dairy is not allowed. Anything derived from an animal including milk or cheese is not considered Vegan.

Comment

I never said i was VEGAN i said im VEGETARIAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peek_A_Boo View Post
        Well me being vege. I must admit recovery time is longer on a vege diet. Also feel hungy a lot. THe main problem is there is NOTHING FILLING in vege diet, like for eg when you eat a skinless grilled chicken that fills you up. But being vege always have hunger cravings. I used to eat meat but gave it up. SO anyway anyone know the right combination of foods i should be eating??

Vegetarian includes no eggs and no fish. But dairy is allowed!!!

Anyone know??
        Calm down!!!

I am a vedgy and have been for 20 years now. Never get hungry and have no problems on my current diet.

Today for lunch a took to work a container filled with about 10 different mixed vedgys,beans,lentils tofu etc all mixed in with a slight mayon mustard type sauce. Felt satisfied when finished.

Tonight for dinner had a plate of wholemeal pasta with a little creamy blue cheese with loads brocoli on the side . Large glass of tomato juice. (feel full)

You need to google vedgy dishes and then go about buying the foods then cooking it then eating it.

Repeat several days a week forever.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Peek_A_Boo View Post
          I never said i was VEGAN i said im VEGETARIAN!!!
          So then you're what's called an Ovo-Laco Vegetarian.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
            So then you're what's called an Ovo-Laco Vegetarian.
            wtf is that?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              wtf is that?
              An Ovo-Laco Vegetarian is a vegetarian that won't eat meat, but will consume milk and cheese, or stuff derived from animals. There are different sub-forms of vegetarians, like a Pescetarin for example, that won't eat meat but will eat fish.
              Last edited by rskumm21; 08-10-2009, 05:30 PM.

Comment

It's a vegetarian that won't eat meat, but will consume milk and cheese, or stuff derived from animals. There are different sub-forms of vegetarians, like a Pescetarin, who won't eat meat but will eat fish.
                lol, thats contradicting to their chosen philosphies no? Makes no sense to me. "I'm a vegetarian but I will still consume some animal products."

Comment

Yeah, I am a practicing Vegan, (for like the past 11 years) but I say I am Vegetarian because I don't like to feel obligated to redefine a term because a small group of individuals won't commit to an actual vegetarian diet. I am not nearly as strict as many vegans so I still have my old leather wallet and I own a pair of leather dress shoes. (Obviously I have leather Sparring gloves.) But I try my best to not eat any animal products or use animal products if at all possible. I do mess up every once in a while and learn that this or that meal may have had some sort of milk derivative or some BS, but all in all I don't cheat and stay the hell away from animal products.

My diet consists of beans, vegi's fruits, nuts, some soy, etc. Lots of beans. LOTS OF BEANS...

Comment

An Ovo-Laco Vegetarian is a vegetarian that won't eat meat, but will consume milk and cheese, or stuff derived from animals. There are different sub-forms of vegetarians, like a Pescetarin for example, that won't eat meat but will eat fish.
                    Isn't that the kind of vegeterians that Punjabs are. During lent on Friday's, that's all I eat. I go the the nearest Indian truck and order some vegeterian combinations. They always have some sort of cheese or yogurt in there tho... realy good stuff. I love Indian food.

Comment

Working...
                    X