Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouthpiece questions help me please

Hello guys I have some questions pertaining to my newly bought mouthpiece
    I followed the instructions on how to mold the mouth piece in my mouth
    but im not sure if it was molded correctly.
    1.What does a molded mouthpiece look like?
    2. Is it full of teeth marks?

Cause mine didnt change at all from its original state.

3. After wearing my mouthpiece and 30 seconds pass by my mouth is overflowing with my saliva. Is this normal?

4. Im kinda gagging a little. Is this normal?

THANKS IDOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes its supposed to be full of teeth marks just drop it in boiling water for 10 seconds take it out and let it sit for 5 seconds it should still be pretty soft and bite into it then place your tongue on the top of your mouth and on the mouth guard alittle and try to suck the mouth guard tight to your teeth and hold it like that till it hardens

Comment

Can someone post a picture?

Comment

buy a custom mouthpiece

Comment

whats a custom mouthpiece and where can I get it? Is it also sold in sports shop or is it made by dentists or something?

Comment

Made by dentists and by companies.

Heres how it works.

Place your order
            They send you a Impression kit
            Follow the instructions to make your impression
            Send it back
            They send you your mouthpiece

Compression kits usually consists of 2 trays and 2 containers of a similar substance to silly puddy. You mix them together and place it in the tray then put it in your mouth and push it up against your teeth.

Some site i know are Pythonguards.com and what i have becuase its less expensive Customguards.com

Let me know if you have any questions. You will be alot more satisfied with one of these then any "boil and bite"

Comment

I'd like to second what I3C727 recommended. I boxed for years with a Shock Doctor mouthguard and after switching to a custom mouthguard and I can honestly say that it is well worth the extra money. Custom guards are formed to align your jaw to prevent concussions which is very crucial in boxing, boil and bite mouth guards don't do this as well.

Comment

I e-mailed the office of that dentist who has done alot of the mouthpieces for alot of well-known boxers past and present(PAC). But no response.

I'm glad for the info IC3. There's no need to go through a middle-man(dentist) now, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
                  I e-mailed the office of that dentist who has done alot of the mouthpieces for alot of well-known boxers past and present(PAC). But no response.

I'm glad for the info IC3. There's no need to go through a middle-man(dentist) now, thanks
                  yeah these mouthpieces are sick but check these out if your willing to dish out some serious cash http://www.ppmmouthguard.com/

Comment

But for begginers is it ok to just use boil and bite mouthguards since our punches are not that devastating yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X