No announcement yet.

Got tooled on tonight in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got tooled on tonight in sparring

Sparred a couple with a world class fighter tonight and got tooled on. I outweighed him by like 35 lbs but he made me wear 26oz gloves to his 10oz gloves. I am so ****ing pissed off right now. The whole gym was watching and I totally abandoned my jab and he caught me with like 4 overhand rights over my lazy short jab. What a **** night....

First of all the fact that you wore huge ****ing gloves and he wore ****ing fight gloves and you allowed this prove you are a ****ing ******. Especially seeing as hes a pro and you dont even outweigh him all that much anyways. **** that 10 oz gloves are never to be used in sparring wow this just annoys me. I suggest next time you just get down on your knees and let him tee of on your head idiot. Use 16 or 18 oz gloves in sparring ......some people.

Comment

ThaUltimate's being a bit harsh, but he has a point.
      26 ounce gloves don't just make you hit softer, they ruin your technique and make you move slow as mud.
      Even 16 ounce gloves compared to 10 is a bit of a mismatch; and I go through that one on a regular basis, so I can relate.
      I understand that b!tching about glove sizes can make you come off like a whiner, that most people in the gym will have a "just suck it up" attitude; but in cases like that you really need to keep an eye out for your health.
      The guy basically used you to make himself look good.
      If he's really world class, then he needs to wear the 26ers and let you wear the 10s.

Comment

I've never heard the term tooled on, just schooled on.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
          I've never heard the term tooled on, just schooled on.
          yeah i think he means "I got tooled tonight in sparring", which makes a bit more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
            Sparred a couple with a world class fighter tonight and got tooled on. I outweighed him by like 35 lbs but he made me wear 26oz gloves to his 10oz gloves. I am so ****ing pissed off right now. The whole gym was watching and I totally abandoned my jab and he caught me with like 4 overhand rights over my lazy short jab. What a **** night....
            You sure they were 26oz gloves? I would of made the other person wear 16oz. They're not God.

Comment

26oz? Is that like Sock-em Boppers? First of all why the **** did you agree to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
                26oz? Is that like Sock-em Boppers? First of all why the **** did you agree to that?
                Listen guys I understand all the criticism but I was supposed to spar some other guys and they finished by the time I was warm and I just asked to go a couple rounds lite and I put on my 16's and he was like, no way; you wear these...

I was caught in the heat of the moment and just excited to be getting in with a guy like him and didnt even look at his gloves until the bell rang. The hole ****ing gym was watching and what was I going to stop???

To the idiot Thaiultimate above you are ****ing asswipe and I have no patience for people like you. You probably have never gotten in ring much less got popped in that wise ass mouth of yours. To the others, yes I made a mistake and I know but what would you do stop and say I am not sparring you. Its not very often you can spar with guys who are successful pros.

As far the expression "tooled on" I grew up in Long Island NY and it was a popular expression.

I am still ****ing pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
                  yeah i think he means "I got tooled tonight in sparring", which makes a bit more sense.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------

jonny stash you must be a TOOL, allowing him to use 10 oz and you use 26 oz, you farken twitt you deserved to be TOOLED as you say

Comment

that sucks man. no wonder you're feeling pissed. you got a real raw deal. i didnt even know 26oz gloves existed.. the guy sounds like a **** if he was complaining about your 16s but pulled on a pair of 10s.

Comment

Working...
                    X