No announcement yet.

The boy can bang!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boy can bang!!

I havnt been able to train for 2 months now since i was diagnosed with scoliosis so im still waiting to speak to my physio to see if boxing is a possibility.

Anyway i was out last night and one of the lads from the club came up to me and said 'why havnt u been there etc' i said i was hoping to go back in the new season he went on to say ' you should defo go back you bang like a heavyweight!' he has spoke to 2 of the lads that i had sparred and they had told the club it was a waste me not being there as i can really dig!! I stopped one of them in sparring a while back n he said i had hit him harder than he had ever been hit in sparring or the 6 fights hes had..

WOOP WOOP.

Power must come natural because im scrawny as ****!!

Originally posted by lukeybg View Post
    I havnt been able to train for 2 months now since i was diagnosed with scoliosis so im still waiting to speak to my physio to see if boxing is a possibility.

Anyway i was out last night and one of the lads from the club came up to me and said 'why havnt u been there etc' i said i was hoping to go back in the new season he went on to say ' you should defo go back you bang like a heavyweight!' he has spoke to 2 of the lads that i had sparred and they had told the club it was a waste me not being there as i can really dig!! I stopped one of them in sparring a while back n he said i had hit him harder than he had ever been hit in sparring or the 6 fights hes had..

WOOP WOOP.

Power must come natural because im scrawny as ****!!
    This scarwny guy i sparred that had an insane reach on me HITS hard as ever.. and he's just tall and long..

I think it has something to do with the leverage of throwing down or something.

Comment

yeh, sum skrawny people can deffinately dig, how big are are n how much u weigh ?

Comment

i was watching some thing about punching power and he said that the taller you are the more power or somthing i think its because of the snap of the long arms

Comment

aye im 6'2 and weigh about 71kg so i do often fight people smaller but broader than me. I ****in hate fighting on the inside too which is a nightmare as thats where people always go.

I loved hearing it though. Im starting to lift weights now to try and get even more powerful aswell as pounding the heavy bag. I know its very different but i always seemed to throw big punches in street fights etc aswell.

Comment

^^ yeah i always get told i have power beyond my years and weight. im 6'1 and 70.5kg so kinda similar to you.
            you getting down to welterweight (69kg)?

Comment

i realy dunno what weight i'll be fighting at yet. Im kinda weird im tall and scrawny but have big broad shoulders like a swimmer. If i got down to welter i would literally look dead doubt it would be healthy but from what ive been told my power, height and reach would be insane in the welters.

Comment

Working...
              X