Hand Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Problem

Hand Problem

i went to the Gym last week & my right hand started to hurt towards the end of my workout my knuckle felt bruised so i stopped throwing any hard rights at the bag etc , after the weekend i could feel it slightly but it started ease off & by the time Monday this week came around it felt better however halfway through my bag workout it started to hurt again

when i got home i looked at my hand & my Knuckle was slightly swollen ,but when i rubbed it i could atcually feel that there was some play underneath my skin where the knuckle is it almost feels like there is some fluid there

anyone else know what this could be or how to treat it

i have a similar problem with BOTH hands (index finger knuckle on my left, middle knuckle on my right). is it like a sharp, almost burning pain?

it doesn't go away on it's own, i can tell you that much. i've had this going on every time i train for the past 2 months or so. try wrapping your hands looser, and using 2 sets of wraps if you need to. i need to get it checked out by a doctor. i know this isn't a sissy sport, but no way should my hands be in this much pain during every workout.

i've also been using icy hot on my hands when i get out of the shower. i'm not sure if this does anything, but it at least numbs them for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
      i have a similar problem with BOTH hands (index finger knuckle on my left, middle knuckle on my right). is it like a sharp, almost burning pain?

it doesn't go away on it's own, i can tell you that much. i've had this going on every time i train for the past 2 months or so. try wrapping your hands looser, and using 2 sets of wraps if you need to. i need to get it checked out by a doctor. i know this isn't a sissy sport, but no way should my hands be in this much pain during every workout.

i've also been using icy hot on my hands when i get out of the shower. i'm not sure if this does anything, but it at least numbs them for awhile.
      my pain is not as severe as yours by the sounds of it not yet anyway ,i have only just started feeling mine though ,i have another set of traning wraps thats exactly what i was planning on doing using 2 Wraps

cheers for the response dude

Comment

get the hot/cold gel packs. cold/hot/cold/hot 10min each.

Comment

put on a pad under your wraps for a while dude. This will happen and you need to protect your hands...get mexican wraps and use a pad underneath.

check it, these will help

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-k...st-guards.html

I prefer the white ones...

Comment

Yeah, I like the look of those white fella's too. Might invest in a pair myself as I'm having a hard time applying my hand wraps by myself!

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
              put on a pad under your wraps for a while dude. This will happen and you need to protect your hands...get mexican wraps and use a pad underneath.

check it, these will help

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-k...st-guards.html

I prefer the white ones...
              i use the white Title fist guards underneath mexican wraps. they go great together.

Comment

Many problems with the hands can be solved through proper conditioning of the hands. Banging a heavybag puts a lot of strain on the hands, and most men aren't strong enough to avoid injuries if they train hard. So before the hard training begins you have to get your hands in shape. There are various ways of exercising the hands but probably the most important is doing pushups on the knuckles and fingers. Don't need a personal trainer so it doesn't cost much either.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                  There are various ways of exercising the hands but probably the most important is doing pushups on the knuckles and fingers.
                  Noted. Cheers for the advice, I'll start tonight.

Comment

Working...
                  X