No announcement yet.

I cant ****ing focus!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant ****ing focus!!

Every time i try to eat healthy and try and stay fit it all ends up going to ****e and me just eating unhealthy things and then when i watch a boxing match or watch dvds to do with boxing or anything like that i get seriously pissed off. Im training tomorow and i seriously need to get my fitness up, over easter ive just lost it all. I can even tell now when i get through them ropes to spar im going to be feeling sick cause im so tired after the first round.

I'm not saying i need to be fit by tomorow obviously but im going to set myself a date that i want everyone to hold me to and plague me with red karma if i dont! 17th April today, i want to be able to say confidently and truthfull by the 9th May that i am so much fitter than i was today.

I also need to focus on my breathing properly and was wondering if anyone new any good sights to go to that would give me tips, any links would be appreciated alot thanks.

If i put more effort into outside of training aswell as training i know i would be so much better but when it comes down to it i just dont. I get tempted by everything and anything. If im dwon town with friends and there getting food, i get food, and its always greasy, unhealthy food. Are subways ok do you know?? Ok this post getting a bit long for some now so any help would be appreciated.

I hate eating unhealthy also, but what the heck,
    if your seriously dedicated ! GO FOR IT!!!

i've been eating healthy for a couple of months, and i've made progress.

On the otehr hand i have asthma, which is a huge disadvantage, but
    its really better, just run in the morning or whenever, rope skip,
    and try to hold ur breath everyday and see how long you can do it.
    Try some Yoga that will help also. Eating "junk" is sometimes ok.

If your attempting to go "big" with this sport, do yourself a favor
    and go out there and show what u can do.

Subway? i think its healthy, I prefer Harvey's

Comment

Im not from America mate, as for running and jogging, i dont think i could get up early and do it, which makes me think "ok then i dont have what it takes" and then i say im going to do it, but if i do it that doesnt prove i have what it takes to be good. I would rather run in the morning. How long should you jog for?? I start college at 9 and like to get a lift there lol. But it wouldnt be far enough to jog to and i would want a shower before i went. As for holding your breathe, im not too sure that that actually helps....... and i KNOW eating junk is bad for you, but maybe if i just dont eat it as much and cut down.

Comment

Well first of all, eating healthy doesn't have to be ****. You also have to come to reason with the fact that is part of training. If anyone on here says they enjoy running at 5am, they're straight up lying. They do it because it's needed, just like eating well. That being said, subs can be very good for you, it obviously depends on what's on them... Whole wheat, lots of veggies, and a lean meat (turkey, chicken, tuna) is a great place to start. When eating out, try to avoid sauces on stuff like that though, it's usually not so good. Also, don't eat TOO much Tuna, really only like twice a week. Too much tuna can actually damage your brain due to the mercurey, in fact most fish have pretty high [C] of it.

As far as breathing, I'm not sure what you mean. When you get hit? When running?

Just put the nose to the grindstone man. It's ****ty, progress is slow but it comes in time. 3 weeks is a good start, but to really look in the mirror or whatever and notice the difference takes months, and truley, years. In the end, like everything else, it's hard, so you really have to want it. If you do then you'll not eat ****, won't go out and get wasted all the time.

Just put the effort in and you'll get rewarded

EDIT: And about 30min in the morning is good, especially if you're fighting amateur. Unless you have problems losing fat, then cardio requires more attention.

Comment

They key is to set realistically attainable goals for both your diet and training. Most of us aren't going to make a living out of boxing and so have a lot of other stuff going on in our lives (school, study, work, relationships, family etc).

If you have been only been able to strict diet for short periods of time, then don't make your diet too strict to start with ! Include some goods which may be unhealthy but control how much you eat of them. Also time these meals so they do the least damage.

Comment

lol.. not to **** on what ya said about running.. But I actually do enjoy running at 5 am... Makes me feel good... before and after. Plus I have to wake up and running always makes me stay up... No way I can sleep after running.

I also listen to music while doing it so that really helps me. I only use the ipod when I run or train so it seems like new everytime i wake up to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
              lol.. not to **** on what ya said about running.. But I actually do enjoy running at 5 am... Makes me feel good... before and after. Plus I have to wake up and running always makes me stay up... No way I can sleep after running.

I also listen to music while doing it so that really helps me. I only use the ipod when I run or train so it seems like new everytime i wake up to do it.
              I started running early a few weeks ago again, and damn I feel mad good going to school afterwards, But I dont run at 5 am, since I only return from work at 4am earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by scab46 View Post
                Every time i try to eat healthy and try and stay fit it all ends up going to ****e and me just eating unhealthy things and then when i watch a boxing match or watch dvds to do with boxing or anything like that i get seriously pissed off. Im training tomorow and i seriously need to get my fitness up, over easter ive just lost it all. I can even tell now when i get through them ropes to spar im going to be feeling sick cause im so tired after the first round.

I'm not saying i need to be fit by tomorow obviously but im going to set myself a date that i want everyone to hold me to and plague me with red karma if i dont! 17th April today, i want to be able to say confidently and truthfull by the 9th May that i am so much fitter than i was today.

I also need to focus on my breathing properly and was wondering if anyone new any good sights to go to that would give me tips, any links would be appreciated alot thanks.

If i put more effort into outside of training aswell as training i know i would be so much better but when it comes down to it i just dont. I get tempted by everything and anything. If im dwon town with friends and there getting food, i get food, and its always greasy, unhealthy food. Are subways ok do you know?? Ok this post getting a bit long for some now so any help would be appreciated.

my only advice to you brother is to sit yourself down, and think what got u into boxing in the first place. if that doesnt re-fuel your fire, then hate always motivates me. so ...... YOU SUCK! lol, hope that helps haha

Comment

if u dont like running, get a eliptical or tredmil, then u dont gotta leave the house u can do it watchin tv n ****. i personally like to get out n run, i like late night runs, if u go in a freaky area u run a little faster hjahahaha

Comment

Not to be mean trick... but I do agree with catas, I enjoy getting up at 5 and running too, it makes me feel good about myself, I feel nice for the rest of the day, I never dread it.

Comment

Working...
                    X