Middleweight contender Chris Eubank Jr. is not giving domestic rival Conor Benn a pass for last year's drug testing saga.
The two boxers were scheduled to fight each other last October, but the contest was canceled during fight week when it was revealed that Benn had tested positive for a banned substance. Benn would later reveal that he tested positive for the same banned substance in an earlier test.
In April, Benn was provisionally banned by UK Anti-Doping (UKAD).
Last week, Benn took to social media and claimed that he was cleared of the charges by UKAD. The drug testing agency would later confirm their decision to lift Benn's suspension, but offered no details on how they reached that decision.
Benn is currently without a license to box in the UK, with the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) suggesting the possibility of appealing UKAD's ruling on Benn.
Eubank has been very critical of Benn's adverse tests, and he continues to hold firm on his position.
“Lawyers and court hearings and essays and [Benn’s promoter] Eddie Hearn saying all the things he’s saying... it doesn’t mean anything. The fact is you got caught twice, and no one’s ever gonna forget it. It doesn’t mean that you didn’t do what you did, because you did do it. You wanna say: ‘I’m absolved and it was all a big misunderstanding.’ Bullsh!t,” Eubank told The Daily Mirror.
On the other hand, Eubank is still very willing to face Benn in the ring.
“Boxing’s a business and I still wanna fight [Benn], so the fight will be made at some point,” Eubank said.
When the contest with Benn fell apart, Eubank would sign a deal to fight former world champion Liam Smith. In a stunner, Smith knocked Eubank out in four rounds. Their rematch is scheduled to take place on September 2.