The World Boxing Organization has ordered a purse bid for the mandatory fight between middleweight world champion Demetrius Andrade and unbeaten challenger Janibek Alimkhanuly.
On November 30, the WBO's committee issued a letter ordering the respective parties to begin negotiations.
On Monday, the 20-day term expired and no agreement between the parties had been reached.
The purse bid has been set down to take place at 12:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST) on Friday, January 14 at the World Boxing Organization (WBO) headquarters in San Juan, Puerto Rico
The minimum acceptable bid will be $200,000.
Andrade is promoted by Eddie Hearn's Matchroom USA, while Alimkhanuly is promoted by Bob Arum's Top Rank.
Pursuant to the WBO's rules, in fights between the champion and the first available contender held in the country of origin, residence or in fights between the champion and the first available contender held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the champion, or a neutral venue, the champion shall receive 75% of the total purse, and the challenger shall receive the remaining 25%. And in fights for the title held in the country of origin, residence or nationality of the challenger, the champion shall receive 80% of the total purse and the challenger shall receive the remaining 20%.
Alimkhanuly (11-0, 7 KOs) last fought in November, when he battered and stopped former champion Hassan N'dam in eight rounds.
For his part, Andrade (31-0, 19 KOs) also hit the ring in November and retained his title with a two round demolition of overmatched challenger Jason Quigley.