Earlier this week, headlines were made around the world when six division world champion Oscar De La Hoya called for a fight with UFC superstar Conor McGregor.
The CEO of Golden Boy Promotions has been out of the ring since getting battered and stopped by Manny Pacquiao in the fall of 2008.
The 44-year-old Hall of Famer was highly critical of Floyd Mayweather's August fight with the UFC superstar, who was making his professional debut in boxing. Fighting at 154-pounds and using 8-ounce gloves, McGregor started well but eventually gassed out and was stopped in the tenth round of the fight.
De La Hoya felt the contest was a disgrace to both boxing and MMA - but his tune has now changed on the matter as he called for McGregor during a radio interview on Monday.
"You know I'm competitive," De La Hoya said. "I still have it in me. I've been secretly training, secretly training. I'm faster than ever and stronger than ever.
"I know I can take out Conor McGregor in two rounds. I'll come back for that fight. Two rounds. Just one more fight. I'm calling him out. Two rounds, that's all I need. That's all I'm going to say. You heard it on Golden Boy Radio. Two rounds, that's all I need. I've been working out for the last five months. [My confidence] is how I feel now from my training. I don't know what it is, but I'll tell you now that I've never felt so good before in my life."
De La Hoya was once again approached about the matter on Saturday, during his annual turkey giveaway in Los Angeles, California.
The Golden CEO double-downed on his prediction that McGregor would not last any longer than two rounds.
"I'm speaking for myself, two rounds - that's all I need. What I said about Conor was.. look, Mayweather it took him what.. ten rounds - it would have taken me two rounds. All due respect to Conor, but he's not a boxer, he's an MMA fighter. It's a whole different ballgame. In the cage, Conor would destroy me... he would destroy me. But in boxing - bro, two rounds that's all I need," De La Hoya told TMZ.