UFC President Dana White has indicated that he's not interested in a potential crossover fight between dangerous puncher Francis Ngannou and top-rated heavyweight Dillian Whyte.
In the last few weeks, Whyte and Ngannou have been trading words through the press.
Whyte, who has a background in kickboxing and mixed martial arts, was willing to sign a two-fight deal, where he would face Ngannou in a boxing match and then face him in the UFC.
Promoter Eddie Hearn, who works with Whyte, is very interested in making the fight with Ngannou.
He was planning to speak with White to explore the possibility of staging that contest.
There was an announcement last week, that Matchroom was putting together an online press conference where Whyte and Ngannou would trade words. It was scheduled to take place this past Saturday. Hearn says the back and forth was actually taped, but the Ngannou side would not allow the footage to be released.
White is not even considering the idea of exploring Whyte-Ngannou and he's no longer interested in discussing his goal of entering the boxing industry with his own promotional company, Zuffa Boxing.
"I like Eddie Hearn. I've said good things about Eddie Hearn, he's said good things about us. I'm not interested in that right now. Listen, we're in a place right now where we are all trying to get our businesses up and running," White said.
"I was talking to you guys about boxing for the last... I'm not even thinking about boxing anymore right now. I'm worried about this business right now. We're in a place now, where I would have told you four months ago that you could an eight grader in charge of Disney and you couldn't mess that up. Disney is such a big, bad ass, powerful company... no movies, no people at theme parks, no live sports on ESPN. Who would have ever thought that would happen? One thing I've learned through all of this.. is that you never know, so many things can happen to your business overnight and even the untouchables can get hurt."