By Rick Reeno
Mike Borao, legal adviser to heavyweight contender Tony Thompson, has informed BoxingScene.com that his boxer's upcoming rematch with Odlanier Solis is still going forward with a few changes.
Thompson won a decision over the Olympic gold medal winner in March of last year. Since then their rematch has been postponed a number of times and appeared to be finally on track for February 27 in Budapest.
There were some issues with the venue in Budapest, and the now Solis' promoter, Ahmet Oner of Arena Box, is planning to move the fight to a new location but intends to keep it in place on the same date.
"I spoke to Ahmet this morning and he assured me the fight was still going forward on February 27th. There were some problems with the venue and now it's going to take place somewhere else. He told me not to worry about the venue, he has a few options on where he can take it. Ahmet has been a gentleman throughout this entire process and we look forward to the fight," Borao told BoxingScene.com.