By Jhonny Gonzalez

During their recent meeting in Puerto Rico, one of the items discussed by Manny Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz, and WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto, is co-promoting fights. There was a positive discussion about co-promoting their fighters in Puerto Rico through their two companies, MP Promotions and Miguel Cotto Promotions.

"We will make a minimum of two card in Puerto Rico," said Koncz to reporter Alex Figueroa. “We both want to build young fighters and give them a fighting chance. Being the stars Miguel and Manny are, we can use that as an incentive to get the interest of the television networks."

As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, there was a conversation about a rematch between Cotto and Pacquiao on November 13. The rematch depends on whether Floyd Mayweather Jr. accepts a deal to fight Pacquiao. Mayweather has until mid-July to accept the deal.

"I can't get into that conversation because we agreed to leave it confidential, but it certainly was one of the issues we discussed. Manny is willing to fight. Miguel is willing to make the fight. Let's wait a few days [for Mayweather]. But we will not wait forever for Mayweather Jr.," Koncz said.