Frank Warren, promoter for light heavyweight contender Anthony Yarde, says the dangerous fighter's next fight is being targeted for the month of July - with a rematch against Lyndon Arthur likely to happen in the fall.
Yarde lost a close twelve round decision to Arthur back in December. Both boxers expressed interest in a rematch.
Yarde was scheduled to return to the ring last month, but he withdrew from the fight with a tooth abscess.
Warren has pushed back Yarde's return to the summer - as COVID-19 restrictions in the UK are set to be lifted on June 21.
"What has held us up a bit is we are waiting for the government to let us know what date we can get some people into arenas," Warren told Metro.co.uk.
"We are intending to run a show on the 25 June. It looks like we will be allowed to have sizeable numbers in July so we will wait until July and that’s when he [Yarde] will be out."
Arthur will also have a stay-busy fight in the coming months, to sharpen up for a planned rematch with Yarde.
A few months ago, Warren added some more light heavyweight muscle to his roster with the acquisition of highly rated Callum Johnson.
There is a possibility that down the line the Yarde vs. Arthur winner will collide with Johnson in a high-stakes fight.
"Before we signed Callum, we had done a deal for the rematch between Lydon and Anthony but they were both going to have a fight in between," Warren added. "Providing they come through their respective fights, they will fight in the autumn against each other."