No announcement yet.

Did Walters throw the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Walters throw the fight?

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way an attempt to take away from Loma's win.

I am a Loma fan and I wanted him to win. Loma is obviously one of the most talented boxers in the world and I truly believe he is a special talent. I even predicted that he would outbox Walters and that Walters would have a lot of trouble landing, so I wasn't too surprised from what I saw during the fight. Walters inactivity was also a factor. But the manner in which Walters quit seemed odd. He was hurt in the last round but you'd think that he'd at the very least take a minute to recover. He literally jumped off his stool, ran over to the ref to quit. I've never seen something like that before.

Also I found it interesting how Loma gestured at Walters as they both walked to their corners in the second round, almost like he was telling him to go down. Was that the signal? Would that have been too obvious?

What say you, ********s?
    Yes he did
    2.86%
    No he didn't
    42.86%
    I'm not sure
    2.86%
    You're just mad that the white boy won
    20.00%
    Boxing stay tryna hold a bruva down!
    5.71%
    Kellerman chokes himself on the toilet while watching Roy rail his wife
    25.71%

It seemed odd how he quit

It just seemed like it was the act of a weak man who when confronted with what seemed like insurmountable odds, chose the easy way. I honestly never have an intention of seeing him fight again. He'll never go into that extra gear in a tough fight, he's accustomed to quitting. Shame as I think he's a good talent.

Victor Ortiz at least went out going to war - that can never be taken from him. Axeman...on a whimper

Comment

He didn't throw the fight.
      He was getting dominated knew he couldn't win and quit.
      Nothing more.

Comment

ah is this the angle we are going to take now lol. the greatest amateur fighter of all time, 1/6 favourite needed walters to throw the fight in order to beat him, right okay....

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          ah is this the angle we are going to take now lol. the greatest amateur fighter of all time, 1/6 favourite needed walters to throw the fight in order to beat him, right okay....
          I suppose you didn't read everything I wrote. Read it again, Sir Nigel Chesterfield Mortimer Wellington III.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            I suppose you didn't read everything I wrote. Read it again, Sir Nigel Chesterfield Mortimer Wellington III.
            yeah i read it and it was a load of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              yeah i read it and it was a load of nonsense.
              That's fine but just know there is no "angle" involved on my part. I wanted Loma to win and I predicted he would.

Comment

Didn't throw it I think, but may have been lacking in focus, distracted or 'off' somehow. There were some comments on how he looked pre-fight. I'm also curious about the purses... why was $300k nowhere near enough a year ago but was OK now? - perhaps something's going on in Walters' life outside boxing that impacted on his performance? Pure speculation of course, and taking nothing away from Lomas dominance - tbh I don't think Walters fought much different from how he usually did, right up to 'No mas'. He was simply outclassed.

Comment

It was just a wierd looking situation all round. He seemed very urgent when he was quitting. Where most boxers will look around nervously hoping someone else will pull them out before maybe shaking their head or turning away, Walters was literally shouting at the ref to stop it "I dont want to fight!". Very odd. Not like any quit ive seen before.

If there is even a smidgin of truth to it though i doubt Loma would be in on it. More likely some sort of organised crime looking to make money on specific round stoppage. He doesnt come from, or live in, the safest of places tbf.

As far as im concerned i will take it at face value until shown otherwise. But it was odd.

Comment

I'm was going for Walters by ko he didn't throw the fight just his career
                    Walters has the power but lomo does everything much better I'm a new born lomo fan and Walters got his heart and soul taken from him

Comment

Working...
                    X