Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Bellew, Kovalev-Sillakh at The Pepsi Coliseum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sillakh on his game is a dangerous dude. Tons of pedigree and skill. He's the tougher of the two B-sides.

Bellew is getting destroyed.

Comment

For the boring statto's like me it's interesting to see the similarities between three of the four protagonists.

Stevenson 22(19)-1
      Kovalev 22(20)-0-1
      Sillakh 21(17)-1

Bellew 20(12)-1-1

I'd love for Bellew to win but can't see it happening. Stevenson looked incredible last time out although I'm not sure how much of that is down to Cloud being shot/****.

I wasn't too keen on Bellew when I first saw him survive Ajisafe & McKenzie a few years back but he's impressed me with his professionalism since then.

If - a very big IF - he can keep tight & keep the fight boring then he has a chance of jabbing his way to victory but I'd only give him a 1 in 10 chance.

If I was Sillakh's manager I would tell him to run like a b1tch for 5 rounds. Same as I would have told Cleverly. I can't see anyone standing toe to toe with Kovalev for 3/4 rounds. Other than maybe Stevenson. But I'd still favour Kova in a slugfest.

But I don't know how effective Kovalev will be in the latter part of a championship bout.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        wish it was in the new year because then I would consider flying out there via airmiles...
        Get your hand in your pocket you tight ****.

Comment

belles gonna get molested

Comment

Funny thing about this is that IMO Sillakh would beat Bellew fairly handily, but since the Grachev loss Ismayl has become a LHW ghost. Kovalev will get almost zero credit for beating Sillakh, despite the fact that given a couple of high profile wins Sillakh could easily be seen as top 10.

I expect Stevenson to ride over Bellew fairly handily, although Bellew can box a bit and has the reach to cause Adonis some annoyance. I'm guessing a 6-8 rnd TKO rather than an early round blast out however.

My other interest is in the undercards - Artur Beterbiev (Kovalevs amateur nemesis) has fought on the last two Stevenson unders and (since GYM seems to be moving him fast) is likely to be on this one too.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-12-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Kovalev-Sillakh ? Hell yeah !

Another Russia VS Ukraine battle, I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesh Rabkin View Post
                Get your hand in your pocket you tight ****.
                got plans in warmer weather for new years & I can't do both with xmas coming...

Comment

Someone said Sillakh should run in the first five rounds... Well, if Kovalev doesn't KO him early, he would kill him in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Sillakh has the skill to beat Kovalev, but im not sure if he has the chin.
                    Sillakh is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                    X