Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Khmelnytsky
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Khmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 688.82
Total Points: 151,502.19
Default Golovkin Hits Harder Than Povetkin/Wach/Perez Says CW Sparring Partners

Doug Fischer, Steve Kim, and Julian Jackson all watched Golovkin sparring two CW's in preperation for his Proksa fight and here is some parts from Fischer's article with quotes from his sparring partners. The entire thing is worth a read.

(Note - Imoesiri fought at HW in WSB with no headgear under pro rules and had a close fight with 2x Olympic Silver Medallist Clemente Russo)

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...ady-for-proska

***8220;He***8217;s a f__king beast,***8221; said Coyne, a 20-0 cruiserweight prospect who has recently dropped down to light heavyweight. ***8220;He***8217;s been running guys out of here. Nobody under 175 pounds will spar with him.

***8220;I***8217;ve sparred with heavyweights who can punch, including Mariusz Wach and Mike Perez, nobody has hit me as hard as Golovkin. His power is out of this world.***8221;

"Golovkin stunned Imoesiri into the ropes with a lead right midway through the round, prompting the amateur standout fire back a four-punch combination with impressive hand speed. However, Golovkin blocked the shots and pushed the bigger man back into the ropes"

"In rounds three and four, Golovkin kept Imoesiri***8217;s back to the ropes and tormented the young man with an assortment of compact crosses and hooks to the body and head. The final minute of the fourth round was particularly brutal, but Imoesiri says he***8217;s becoming accustomed to the punishment.

***8220;The dude can hit, I***8217;m still getting used to it,***8221; said Imoesiri, who like Coyne, is delightfully bright and articulate. ***8220;It***8217;s crazy. I sparred with [undefeated WBA heavyweight beltholder] Alexander Povetkin and he never hurt me like this guy.

***8220;I must have done 50 rounds while in camp with Povetkin and it was three and half weeks before he hit me with something that made me hold on. With Golovkin I was ready to get out of the ring 45 seconds into our first round of sparring. He hit me with two lefts to the body in the identical spot and had me doubled over. I got through it but it***8217;s hard to defend against 6-inch punches with that much pop. He backs me into a corner with just a jab.

***8220;And it seems like he does it effortlessly.***8221;

***8220;That***8217;s why I have to put him in with big guys,***8221; said Sanchez. ***8220;He***8217;s too relaxed when he spars with middleweights or junior middleweights. They can***8217;t hurt him. It***8217;s so easy doesn***8217;t bother to defend himself. He gets silly.

***8220;We have a saying in my gym: ***8216;There***8217;s no free shots.***8217; I don***8217;t want my fighters letting opponents hit them. So sparring with the bigger guys makes him work his defense ***8211; to a degree.***8221;

I got the feeling my old HouseofBoxing and MaxBoxing cohort believes Sanchez by the look on his face after the sparring session.

Kim sat on a stool in front of the ring with a look of disbelief.

***8220;He literally wore this big guy down,***8221; said Kim, who isn***8217;t easily impressed. ***8220;I don***8217;t think either guy could have gone one more round with him.***8221;

Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 08-24-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-24-2012, 12:00 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 102 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 144,967,919,236,469.34
Total Points: 150,970,600,895,174.44
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 

i've always said that this kid can punch. his shots don't waste a single inch of motion

they go from the ground to the point of his fist. no detours. that's how you generate power]

that being said, this seems a bit of hyperbole to me. still, it's nice to see a young fighter getting a big push. we're going to need these guys to carry the sport in a few years.

let's hope this kid is for real. i like his style. he's technical enough to get the job done and to box, but he's a real puncher with dynamite in that right hand.

get him a big push on american TV, a big fight or two, and let's see what he's made of.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,269,505,137,770.78
Total Points: 2,515,505,338,618.90
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Golovkin is my boy and he's definitely one of the hardest hitters in the sport but let's not get carried away, Ouma lasted 10 rounds with him.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Khmelnytsky
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Khmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 688.82
Total Points: 151,502.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
Golovkin is my boy and he's definitely one of the hardest hitters in the sport but let's not get carried away, Ouma lasted 10 rounds with him.
Ouma also hadn't been stopped in over a decade and was hospitalized after the fight.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Tiozzo
Banned

Bank: 151,374,525.33
Total Points: 253,545,942.46
for knowing your stuff and schooling newbies around here - Alx. 

too much hype for my liking
Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,909,869,817,680,136.50
Total Points: 2,941,769,817,739,493.00
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
And I pointed out in another thread, Golovkin was eating some lefts from him too easily. Porksa being faster and more athletic than Ouma might just give GGG some major problems with that left.

Golovkin is gonna have to catch Proksa who at times gets lazy and that's not a good thing vs a hard hitter with that style he has. If he does catch him we'll get an idea of how good Proksa's chin is and how durable he is.

This is a great fight/match up and I feel like it's going under the radar. It doesn't help that it's at a sh1tty venue. Some unknown place...
Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,882,107.55
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Looking to Golovkin-Proksa. Would love to see the winner fight Martinez, given he beats Chavez.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,269,505,137,770.78
Total Points: 2,515,505,338,618.90
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
And I pointed out in another thread, Golovkin was eating some lefts from him too easily. Porksa being faster and more athletic than Ouma might just give GGG some major problems with that left.

Golovkin is gonna have to catch Proksa who at times gets lazy and that's not a good thing vs a hard hitter with that style he has. If he does catch him we'll get an idea of how good Proksa's chin is and how durable he is.

This is a great fight/match up and I feel like it's going under the radar. It doesn't help that it's at a sh1tty venue. Some unknown place...
Yeah I don't see Proksa being destroyed early, he's gonna make Golovkin work and earn the victory.

Well the fight will be main event on HBO, that trumps a bad venue.

PS : I heard Proksa is sending his sparring partners home with injuries.

Last edited by Light_Speed; 08-24-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 65 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,547,070,770,463,004,672.00
Total Points: 3,585,831,691,692,081,152.00
dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 
p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. 
Enjoy - kennylimon solid - SlySlickSmooth ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland 
knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth No Message - Scott Weiland Ran out of greenies - Beercules Hope you like cold beer bro! :-) - Tyler_Durden thanks for the help - KO MX 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Autism - jas 

I don't really rate the guy tbh but I tell you something for nowt, he will absolutely murder that overrated bum Proksa who twice went life & death with Kerry ''no' Hope.

Sick of hearing about Proksa, hes one of the worst prospects I've ever seen & I can't wait for Golovkin to show him for what he is, useless.

He gets his lights put out quicktime.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
any craic lad?
I'm All In

Rep Power: 16 any craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 168,240.87
great poster - El Cabron WARGARITO! - Rich Loc Jr drink up lad.. - the mesiah 

GGG is a beast but the Proska will show us a lot more about is pro game.His comp up too now has been poor and it aint all down to his dealings with universum.Really looking foward too this scrap