No announcement yet.

HBO B.A.D. commentators > HBO W.C.B. commentators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO B.A.D. commentators > HBO W.C.B. commentators

Am I the only one getting sick and tired of listening to Lampley and Merchant?

I've been watching some good fights that happened last year and I can't stand listening to them anymore. Steward is ok though.

I find Bob Popa a far better commentator. He is more objective and doesn't say weird **** just to sound funny or look special a la Merchant or Lampley.

I also prefer Kellerman over Merchant and Lampley. Yes, Kellerman can be biased at times but he atleast knows more about the fighters and doesn't sound senile like Merchant at times.

On top of that B.A.D. now also has Roy Jones Jr !! Roy is just simply the best. I love listening to him.

Popa, Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr >>>> Merchant, Lampley and Steward.
    Larry Merchant
    38.71%
    Jim Lampley
    3.23%
    Emanuel Steward
    9.68%
    Bob Popa
    16.13%
    Max Kellerman
    19.35%
    Roy Jones Jr
    12.90%

I agree. The commentators for World Championship boxing have been getting boring. I think it's time HBO shakes things up a little bit and finds a new crew. Or atleast tweaks the current one.

I also like Roy Jones JR. He's a great commentator.

Comment

Roy is maybe the best broadcaster in sports, but I really like Lampley and Kellerman. If that was the team, I'd be fine with it. Probably too much ego for one booth, though. I really don't have a problem with Steward and Merchant says some ridiculous **** like "this fight looks to be 'crunk.'" The one caveat to this is when Pacquiao's fighting. Jinkee should follow Lampley home, just to make sure he's not blowing Manny somewhere.

Comment

Lampley is great and so is Roy. Kellerman is the most bland in my opinion. Even Larry Merchant gets more excited than Kellerman does. He's always like "meh".

I'd take Lennox or Foreman over Kellerman ANYDAY.

Comment

HBO commentators sucks... they are biased most of the time towards their fav fighters.

I have to agree with wazza, Roy Jones is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
            HBO commentators sucks... they are biased most of the time towards their fav fighters.

I have to agree with wazza, Roy Jones is OK.
            Roy is just ok? He'll be like "ok, this this and this is gonna happen. I know because I'm the ****, just take my word for it." AND THEN IT HAPPENS. HE IS ALWAYS 100% RIGHT.

The only negative to Roy are the awkward moments when Merchant tries to make a point and Lampley just interrupts him and asks Roy a question about what Merchant was saying. He always makes sure to end the question with "Roy" too, just so Larry doesn't get any funny ideas about replying. I think Lampley's got a bigger crush on Roy than on Pacquiao, but that's debatable.

Comment

I'd rather have a senile Larry Merchant than Max Kellerman.

I'd rather they brought out Larry Merchant's rotting corpse than Kellerman.

Comment

No respect for the legends. The WCB crew has earned the right to say whatever they want because they have seen it all. I really don't care what Bob Papa says even if it was more informational than lets say Merchant says. You earn respect through experience and clearly the BAD team has none.

Comment

I like Bob Popa. Lampley has a great voice for commentating but he gets too biased and nuthuggy when the likes of Cotto are fighting. Popa does what hes supposed to do and calls it down the middle leaving the analysis to Merchant or whoever.

Comment

They're all the same

Comment

Working...
                    X