Motivation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivation

What's good Fellas?

Got a question for the board.. What gets you going at the gym and what's your motivation for eating healthy.

For the record I've always trained hard.. Never been a fanatic with healthy food though and that haven't been a problem. Lately though I've had a hard time dragging myself to the gym and I'm starting to gain weight. Got no real motivation to get back in shape except I don't want to end up a fat slob.

So my question remains: what do you use as motivation to drag yourself to the gym those ****ty rainy days when you don't really feel like it..?

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    What's good Fellas?

Got a question for the board.. What gets you going at the gym and what's your motivation for eating healthy.

For the record I've always trained hard.. Never been a fanatic with healthy food though and that haven't been a problem. Lately though I've had a hard time dragging myself to the gym and I'm starting to gain weight. Got no real motivation to get back in shape except I don't want to end up a fat slob.

So my question remains: what do you use as motivation to drag yourself to the gym those ****ty rainy days when you don't really feel like it..?
    My motivation is my hope to be successful. I never had great grades, I don't have scholarships to get me through college.. so I box. Don't get me wrong, I take a day off here and there; but my hunger always brings me back. Personally, I'm not gonna lie.. I don't like to fight; but if it means to take me somewhere in life then I'm going to do it

Comment

What's good Fellas?

take a week off, youll miss it.

Comment

Never really had issues with motivation. Boxing is what I truly love to do.

Comment

Results, that's what motivates me for myself.

What motivates me to train is the love I have for it and the kids. There is nothing better than seeing a kid do what I taught him, it's like a light goes off in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Results, that's what motivates me for myself.

What motivates me to train is the love I have for it and the kids. There is nothing better than seeing a kid do what I taught him, it's like a light goes off in his head.
            Results is a great motivator indeed but results comes after you've dragged your ass to the gym after a few times.

I need good kick in the ass again

Comment

Women.

Looking good, and women.

The best anti-depressant in the world is being able to take off your shirt, look in the mirror and say, "I could do some laundry on that washboard, shabow!"

And women like it too. A life without women isnt worth it. So just remember, the more you sweat, the better you look. And the better you look, the better of a human being you are.

I remember what got me back in the gym. I was filling up my gas tank and I walked to the inside. At the time it was late, and I was wearing a skin tight white t-shirt, and a car full of girls started whooping and hollaring as they drove by. Best feeling in the world considering the bad day I was having.

It was then I knew, no matter how bad my life is, as long as I look amazing, its never all bad.

Comment

Results is a great motivator indeed but results comes after you've dragged your ass to the gym after a few times.

I need good kick in the ass again
                In that case a lack of results may be what motivates you now - say if you go back to the gym and get your butt kicked in sparring, that may be the good kick in the ass you're looking for. Perhaps look for a challenge to intentionally get your butt kicked.

The true evolution of a person is when one can use one's reason to understand that discipline is necessary for a result you cannot currently see. But there may be other motivators in your life - look at your friends and family - are there any bad examples you can use as motivation? For example, I love my father, but lets face it, he's an aging obese diabetic and I do not want to end up like that, so that is a part of motivation. Everytime I eat a big pizza and feel too lazy to hit the bag and stuff, I realize where I'm headed and that corrects the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Aperion View Post
                  In that case a lack of results may be what motivates you now - say if you go back to the gym and get your butt kicked in sparring, that may be the good kick in the ass you're looking for. Perhaps look for a challenge to intentionally get your butt kicked.

The true evolution of a person is when one can use one's reason to understand that discipline is necessary for a result you cannot currently see. But there may be other motivators in your life - look at your friends and family - are there any bad examples you can use as motivation? For example, I love my father, but lets face it, he's an aging obese diabetic and I do not want to end up like that, so that is a part of motivation. Everytime I eat a big pizza and feel too lazy to hit the bag and stuff, I realize where I'm headed and that corrects the course.
                  This may sound weird, but I actually like getting whipped in sparring. I've been sparring with the All-Marine team, being able to hold my own with them gives me confidence that my opponent won't be near as good as they are

Comment

First, getting wooped on by better people at the gym and second place if not, tied with first is double-jab's post.

Comment

Working...
                    X