Roadwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadwork

Watz up y'all!

Just thought I'd post a link to a very handy site which allows you to plot your route for running. It show's you the exact mileage and the approx. amount of calories burned for your weight. Apparently my 5 mile runs weighing 245lbs burns over 950 calories. Don't know if that's particularly true, but the route planner's an excellent tool!

www.gmap-pedometer.com

I just got it working, I've been looking for something like this for a while, good find. My routes 4.3 miles and burns 450 calories which isn't bad at all. It's a longer route than I thought.
    Last edited by Ell; 02-19-2008, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I cant get it to track my running route....i hit track route but the cursor does not change at all....what is the trick????

Comment

Double click at times on your route as you follow it round and the line should go red, that means it has tracked it.

Comment

Hmm Il have to actually go on a computer to get it to work I think. The map of where I live needs to be updated as its missing some streets. Nice find tho. I usually count the street lights I pass since theyre about 50m apart.

Comment

www.mapmyrun.com is another good one

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
              Watz up y'all!

Just thought I'd post a link to a very handy site which allows you to plot your route for running. It show's you the exact mileage and the approx. amount of calories burned for your weight. Apparently my 5 mile runs weighing 245lbs burns over 950 calories. Don't know if that's particularly true, but the route planner's an excellent tool!

www.gmap-pedometer.com
              thats alot of weight chuggin 4 miles!!!

Comment

I think i may have left one or two potholes and broken pavement slabs along the way! lol

I find the first 3 miles kill me then I get a second wind and the last 2 feel easier for some reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post
                  I think i may have left one or two potholes and broken pavement slabs along the way! lol

I find the first 3 miles kill me then I get a second wind and the last 2 feel easier for some reason!

I agree, the first couple always hurt than I kind of go on autopilot.

Comment

I find the first 2 miles easy, then the next 2 hard then the last mile easier because you're telling yourself you've nearly finished and you only need a bit more effort. It shows how much psychology comes into physiology.

Comment

Working...
                    X