first fight - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 02-14-2008, 09:21 AM
lukeybg
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,482.04
Default first fight

i know the answer to this can come in all shapes and sizes but when would you expect someone to have there first fight. People in here how long did you train for till you had your first fight???
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-14-2008, 09:23 AM
JUHL
Contender

Rep Power: 9 JUHL has a spectacular aura aboutJUHL has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 48,601.66

it all depends on when your ready, some people may take years before their first fight and others just a few months. Do you spar alot?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:05 AM
RichCCFC
46-0

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Rep Power: 39 RichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,530,931,645,987,467.00
Total Points: 1,530,937,646,929,359.00
ricktastic! - mickey gomez Joe Calzaghe is a great fighter! - Tunney This is Joe Calzaghe. You left this in my ass last night. I washed it good and wanted to give it back to you. - Mizzou Joe Calzaghe - Tunney bluebirds! - Sir TomJones 
Merry Christmas - Flab Happy New Year - Freedom. 

If you're fit already when you go it and show promise it will only take about 3 months.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Count Patron
Contender

Rep Power: 9 Count Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.94
Total Points: 2,394.19

About 2 months.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:40 AM
kenny91
Contender

Rep Power: 9 kenny91 is a jewel in the roughkenny91 is a jewel in the roughkenny91 is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 5,998.94
Total Points: 14,448.07

Tbf it really depends how ready you feel and whether your trainer thinks your set to go. But anything above 2 months is advisable and consider your shape, your knowledge and confidence. Put nerves aside and focus on what you've been taught and focus cos your first fight will say a lot about you as a fighter.

Anyways matey good luck whenever you do fight
let us know how you get along, yeah?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 AM
mightymouse2k
Contender

Rep Power: 10 mightymouse2k is a name known to allmightymouse2k is a name known to allmightymouse2k is a name known to allmightymouse2k is a name known to allmightymouse2k is a name known to allmightymouse2k is a name known to all
Total Points: 6,429.55

For me i waited two and a half years.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:36 PM
lukeybg
Contender

Total Points: 25,482.04

to be fair i dont think i will get a fight that soon. Ive been goin 2 months and sparred twice (thats 2 1 hour sessions a week) problem is the gym i go to gets really busy. We have around 26 training and about 8 of them are boxers who fight so its fairly hard to get individual training considering there are only 4 trainers there. Both time ive sparred ive done well against people of similar ability but the individual coach who watched me sparred both times hasnt been at training for 3 weeks dunno why!!!??? Leaves me a **** situation though. I dont think im anywhere near ready for a fight but would like to spar more regular but i also understand that the coaches have to concentrate on the fighters with fights coming up. two of the best boxers in my gym have been goin for only 2 years and one of them has had 4 fights and the other has had 7 and won the national novice title at welterweight so maybe at my gym it just takes time!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 03:48 PM
yidish pugilist
el judio loco

Rep Power: 14 yidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond reputeyidish pugilist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 408.01
Total Points: 27,464.42

a little more than two months
Old 02-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Evil_Meat
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13 Evil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond reputeEvil_Meat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,000,053,749.04

Well 2 months is a little ridiculous... I have always and would school pretty much anyone who's only boxed for 2 months (assuming prior to the 2 months they knew nothing) 2 months just isn't enough to properly develop any sort of fundamentals that are going to stay with you once you jump in the ring and get hit. Now i think 2 months is fine if you're in good shape and have shadowboxed for a long time.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Count Patron
Contender

Rep Power: 9 Count Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond reputeCount Patron has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.94
Total Points: 2,394.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Meat View Post
Well 2 months is a little ridiculous... I have always and would school pretty much anyone who's only boxed for 2 months (assuming prior to the 2 months they knew nothing) 2 months just isn't enough to properly develop any sort of fundamentals that are going to stay with you once you jump in the ring and get hit. Now i think 2 months is fine if you're in good shape and have shadowboxed for a long time.
It's a relative to who you are fighting. You can shadow box all you want, hit the heavy bag all you want but none of that will really prepare you for your first fight. All the nerves come out your first fight and a lot of your training you forget. It's best to just get in the ring and fight as soon as you are in enough shape to do so and you have a well matched opponent. You would beat someone with only 2 months experience? How much experience do you have to make that claim?

Share This With Friends

User Tag List