Speed/ Agility Training - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 02:01 AM #1
VBoxer VBoxer is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 124
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
VBoxer has a spectacular aura aboutVBoxer has a spectacular aura about
Points: 36,209.82
Bank: 5,220.44
Total Points: 41,430.26
Default Speed/ Agility Training

Alright guys, I want to get fast. REALLY FAST! I want to be fast like Sugar Shane Mosley and Roy Jones, Jr..

What are some good exercises for increasing speed and agility?

thanks!
VBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-07-2008, 09:48 AM #2
Unanimous Unanimous is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 715
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Unanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to behold
Points: 46,490.64
Bank: 147,375.16
Total Points: 193,865.80
Default

If I knew how to upload a vid, I'd upload the Title Boxing volumes. Volume 12 - 15 I think, cover what you're after; Vol 12 Advanced Training & Boxing Techniques, Vol 13 Bigger & Stronger, Vol 14 Faster, Vol 15 Explosive Quickness.

I think you'll still be able to get all of these (except Vol 12) if you search the archives in Video Trading Block.
Unanimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:15 PM #3
JUHL JUHL is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 153
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
JUHL has a spectacular aura aboutJUHL has a spectacular aura about
Points: 49,170.66
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 49,170.66
Default

Simply train with heavy gloves.... or weighted
JUHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 PM #4
VBoxer VBoxer is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 124
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
VBoxer has a spectacular aura aboutVBoxer has a spectacular aura about
Points: 36,209.82
Bank: 5,220.44
Total Points: 41,430.26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanimous View Post
If I knew how to upload a vid, I'd upload the Title Boxing volumes. Volume 12 - 15 I think, cover what you're after; Vol 12 Advanced Training & Boxing Techniques, Vol 13 Bigger & Stronger, Vol 14 Faster, Vol 15 Explosive Quickness.

I think you'll still be able to get all of these (except Vol 12) if you search the archives in Video Trading Block.
can you still buy those videos? if so, how much are they?
VBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:12 AM #5
aussieboxer2320 aussieboxer2320 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,017
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
aussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond reputeaussieboxer2320 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 75,440.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 75,440.98
Default

just shadowbox fast for about 5 mins at a time with handweights on, do fast pushups to get more explosive and skip and sprint to develop foot speed, oh btw rjj is a freak and his fantastic speed is a more a thing you cant get, you have to be born with it, just like tommy hearns or kelly pavlik were born with punching power, so dont go around trying to pull the rjj hands down dancing around sticking ya chin out **** cos unless you got that whip like speed an reflex like roy you will get brutally knocked out lol
aussieboxer2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:04 AM #6
Unanimous Unanimous is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 715
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Unanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to beholdUnanimous is a splendid one to behold
Points: 46,490.64
Bank: 147,375.16
Total Points: 193,865.80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBoxer View Post
can you still buy those videos? if so, how much are they?
Not sure mate. All I know is I managed to download them off this site, for free! I know, I'm a bad bad man. Tssk!
Unanimous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:52 PM #7
beefymoocow beefymoocow is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 26
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
beefymoocow is a jewel in the roughbeefymoocow is a jewel in the roughbeefymoocow is a jewel in the rough
Points: 10,673.03
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,673.03
Default

here's the link but i'm not to sure if they work, these are old ones. if it doesnt work i'll try find you a new one

Title Boxing Series Vols 1-16

[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 01 Hitting The Heavy Bag: www.megaupload.com/?d=FAQV7199
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 02 - Boxing Defensive Skills And Drills www.megaupload.com/?d=T1ZSVK2N
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 03 - How To Wrap Hands For .. www.megaupload.com/?d=92EBXSPY
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 04 - How To Be An Effective.. www.megaupload.com/?d=S9UIZWJ9
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 05 - How To Properly Work A.. www.megaupload.com/?d=B87KN4WY
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 06 - How To Hit The Punch M.. www.megaupload.com/?d=YYNLY18S
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 07 - Counter Punching
www.megaupload.com/?d=HCHBIW0L
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 08 - How To Box - The Basic.. www.megaupload.com/?d=K8IK5YGB
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 09 - Achieve Speed And Powe.. www.megaupload.com/?d=6N3I8XGP
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 10 - Interval Boxing Traini.. www.megaupload.com/?d=WOJB4XON
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 11 - Attacking And Punching.. www.megaupload.com/?d=AW510JBB
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 12 - Advanced Training And .. www.megaupload.com/?d=WDW04EKW
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 13 - Bigger And Stronger www.megaupload.com/?d=0JIDOM2K
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 14 - Faster
www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7SQM57P
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 15. Explosive Quickness www.megaupload.com/?d=GDT2Y984
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 16. Medicine Ball Workout www.megaupload.com/?d=DSKXVWE3
beefymoocow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:18 PM #8
E17 E17 is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
E17 is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,400.53
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,400.53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieboxer2320 View Post
just shadowbox fast for about 5 mins at a time with handweights on, do fast pushups to get more explosive and skip and sprint to develop foot speed, oh btw rjj is a freak and his fantastic speed is a more a thing you cant get, you have to be born with it, just like tommy hearns or kelly pavlik were born with punching power, so dont go around trying to pull the rjj hands down dancing around sticking ya chin out **** cos unless you got that whip like speed an reflex like roy you will get brutally knocked out lol
your right speed and power come naturally not everyone has speed or power
some have speed some have power or both
E17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:58 AM #9
VBoxer VBoxer is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 124
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
VBoxer has a spectacular aura aboutVBoxer has a spectacular aura about
Points: 36,209.82
Bank: 5,220.44
Total Points: 41,430.26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefymoocow View Post
here's the link but i'm not to sure if they work, these are old ones. if it doesnt work i'll try find you a new one

Title Boxing Series Vols 1-16

[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 01 Hitting The Heavy Bag: www.megaupload.com/?d=FAQV7199
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 02 - Boxing Defensive Skills And Drills www.megaupload.com/?d=T1ZSVK2N
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 03 - How To Wrap Hands For .. www.megaupload.com/?d=92EBXSPY
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 04 - How To Be An Effective.. www.megaupload.com/?d=S9UIZWJ9
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 05 - How To Properly Work A.. www.megaupload.com/?d=B87KN4WY
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 06 - How To Hit The Punch M.. www.megaupload.com/?d=YYNLY18S
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 07 - Counter Punching
www.megaupload.com/?d=HCHBIW0L
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 08 - How To Box - The Basic.. www.megaupload.com/?d=K8IK5YGB
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 09 - Achieve Speed And Powe.. www.megaupload.com/?d=6N3I8XGP
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 10 - Interval Boxing Traini.. www.megaupload.com/?d=WOJB4XON
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 11 - Attacking And Punching.. www.megaupload.com/?d=AW510JBB
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 12 - Advanced Training And .. www.megaupload.com/?d=WDW04EKW
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 13 - Bigger And Stronger www.megaupload.com/?d=0JIDOM2K
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 14 - Faster
www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7SQM57P
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 15. Explosive Quickness www.megaupload.com/?d=GDT2Y984
[Title Boxing DVD] Vol 16. Medicine Ball Workout www.megaupload.com/?d=DSKXVWE3
i cant get any of them to play ..... says something about "can't play file type"
VBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:03 PM #10
BrooklynBomber BrooklynBomber is offline
Bi-furious.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rogue Agent
Age: 30
Posts: 37,092
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 606
BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,045,325,631.86
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,129,488.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 
Default

Box, and with practice your speed and agility will come.

There is no "magic pill" or exercise that will make you quick.
BrooklynBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.