Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check out these custom, hand made gloves (review included too)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out these custom, hand made gloves (review included too)

A couple of weeks ago, i asked you guys for some impressions on the Shevlin brand. I only got ONE impression (you know who you are, thanks), but decided to give it a try.

Before I go on to post pics and a review here's a bit of info on Shevlin:

Our highly regarded line of classic style boxing equipment has been hand made in New York by the Shevlin family for over 30 years. Our training gear for men and women, including sparring gloves, bag gloves, headgear, groin protectors, speed bags, punching mitts and more, is not only tough, durable and designed to provide maximum protection, but can be individually customized to suit any need or taste.

Our equipment is made to order in your choice of color combinations. Our leather is top quality and available in a wide variety of colors and finishes. All equipment can be modified or specially sized for the perfect fit. If you have an idea for a new item, we will work with you to create it.

Now to the review:

Build Quality: The gloves are extremely high quality, the construction and leather are top of the line, and seem quite durable. The colors are BEAUTIFUL on these. BTW, if you plan on ordering these, SEND ME A PM. Making a fist and opening up you palm to the fullest is a piece of cake on these gloves, even easier than on Grant gloves (the choice of some elite guys). There are some hiccups that other people have had with the thumb attachment of the gloves for example, so I asked them to attach the thumb the same way Winning does it, and they did. There are some other things that you should specify them to make in order to make this a "perfect" glove. Ask away and they'll deliver. 10/10

Padding: The padding is also customizable. You could ask for more padding on the knuckles, palm, thumbs, etc. It is very soft and spongy, but provides very good protection. Coming from a Winning gloves' owner, this says a lot, and if I had to take a shot at comparing them with other gloves, I'd say they're about as great as Grant, with the bonus that they don't need any break in period. 9.5/10

Wrist protection: I have only hit the bag twice with them, but they seem to protect as much as Grant too. The ribbed cuffs cost me an extra $10, but they're absolutely worth it. Ask them to put a bit of padding below the wrists and you get more even protection. 10/10

Value: These gloves were cheaper than Grant, Reyes, and Winning, yet offer the same (or more) quality and limitless customizations for $95. The bag gloves are even cheaper, at $65. The ribbed cuffs are a must, so add $10. The rest is on the house (sizing, padding, colors of the palm, thumb, wrist, top, even laces). I'm in love with my pair right now, and plan on ordering a next pair soon enough. Even if they weren't customizable, they'd be more then worth their price tag, so the customizations just make them absolutely unbeatable at their price range. 10/10

Overall: I'd give 'em a perfect ten in a world where the word "Winning" was unfamiliar with me lol. Joking aside, they CAN make you a perfect glove, but you must do a little research so you know what of their standard stuff should be customized. Send me a PM and I'd be happy to give you a few pointers. 9.8/10

Finally, here are some pics:

Some more:

Comment

Question, you wear those in the gym? To spar?

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
        Question, you wear those in the gym? To spar?
        not yet, but that's the plan

Comment

Schweet.

this message was too short

Comment

Nice, blue laces look sexy!!! They did a good job on the PR flag embroidery.

Comment

Originally posted by frankdukes View Post
              Nice, blue laces look sexy!!! They did a good job on the PR flag embroidery.
              thanks man

hit me up later if you make some for your brother. they make gloves from 8oz to 60oz lol

Comment

what size is those?

Comment

Very cool gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal90 View Post
                    what size is those?
                    those are 14oz, but they feel extremely light. i made them without padding on the lower part of the glove so they could make them look and feel smaller and lighter than the average 14oz gloves, while having extra protection on the knuckle area

they literally are like pillows inside, even more than the winning gloves. they also do some really good snappy sounds on the bag, lol don't ask me why

Comment

Working...
                    X