No announcement yet.

Handwrapping for more power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handwrapping for more power

I recently watched a video on how emanuel steward said he had a few tips to wrapping hands to add a little more power to your punches and also to reduces the risk of a fighter injurying their hands. Then i found an article of how Steward was accused of wrapping wlads hands illegally by putting tape on the bare hand.
    This got me thinking because after watching mcclellan destroy julian jackson his cornermen cut mclellans wraps exposing tape on the bare hand. Now at the time mcclellan had parted ways with steward. But it was mentioned mcclellan wrapped his own hands because his corner didnt know how.

So is tape aloud on the bare hand or not?

Does anyone know anyways to wrap you hand for successful power

I only know 3 different wraps. One for boxing, one for MMA for a striker, and one for MMA with emphasis on grappling.

There are some tricks you can use that are supposed to add a little pop, not so much power, as it just creates a firmer surface between the hand and the padding.

Most of these tricks are illegal, or at least in a gray area and frowned upon.

No tape over the knuckles.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post
      I only know 3 different wraps. One for boxing, one for MMA for a striker, and one for MMA with emphasis on grappling.

There are some tricks you can use that are supposed to add a little pop, not so much power, as it just creates a firmer surface between the hand and the padding.

Most of these tricks are illegal, or at least in a gray area and frowned upon.

No tape over the knuckles.
      Can you make youtube videos of this techniques? my knuckles tend to get very swollen when I work out in the heavy bag.

Comment

Ask Tito Trinidad and Antonio Margarito, they will tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by FilMor View Post
          Can you make youtube videos of this techniques? my knuckles tend to get very swollen when I work out in the heavy bag.
          Strengthen knuckles with special exercises

Comment

Originally posted by FilMor View Post
            You may want to look into different gloves.

I don't see myself ever making a youtube video, it'd be fun, but just not the kind of thing I'd commit to.

Comment

NO tape on bare knuckles, and depending where your boxing theres a certain amount of gause to use too! There should be an inspector present at all tapings no matter if its a prelim 4 or main go 10! When your dealing with the BS states anything goes, remember the boxing commission is the circus and rastlin' commissions too! Ray

Comment

Here the inspector justs gives them a quick squeeze and calls it good. It really works more on the "honor" system.

During the fighter meetings, they'll explain the handwrap rules, but they're losely enforced and hardly supervised.

Comment

Working...
                X