No announcement yet.

Andrade wasted 2014?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    yeah, that charlo fight should have happened, its what i was alluding to in my original post.

so haymon managed and promoted by star boxing? does he have network restrictions considering his fight with rose was on hbo if im not wrong.
    Can't confirm he is Haymon managed. Although I read random articles where they listed him as a Haymon fighter, nothing to concrete.

Actually he might not even be under Haymon considering Charlo is managed by Haymon. Al would of pulled some strings to get both of them paid to get the fight a done deal if both were under his wing.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      He's not with Haymon.

And yes year wasted. Turned down fights with James Kirkland, Matt Korobov and Jermell Charlo.

I heard the Charlo fight will happen sometime in March-April of next year.
      Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Can't confirm he is Haymon managed. Although I read random articles where they listed him as a Haymon fighter, nothing to concrete.

Actually he might not even be under Haymon considering Charlo is managed by Haymon. Al would of pulled some strings to get both of them paid to get the fight a done deal if both were under his wing.
      conflicting reports dammit lol

but if haymon was in charge, i doubt he'd put the two guys together.

anywya, back to andrade, he really impressed me over the last 2 years, had a good showing over rose and i felt he would make a fan of me this year like tc and walters but he just seems to have gone into hiding. didnt even bother rescheduling another fight on the khan card.

Comment

I can't believe he petitioned the WBO to fight for their middleweight belt against Korobov and then turned it down when they granted his request. Mind boggling move, why did he ask for the fight if he didn't want it?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I can't believe he petitioned the WBO to fight for their middleweight belt against Korobov and then turned it down when they granted his request. Mind boggling move, why did he ask for the fight if he didn't want it?
          LOL! What?!

Comment

Not wasted. Just saved himself some losses. Andrade isn't that good. Charlo would've won with ease and style. Korobov would've jacked his jaw.

Comment

Dude thinks he's a bigger star than what he is

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                LOL! What?!
                Yeah, that's the reason he was ever in talks to fight Korobov for the WBO middleweight belt at all.

http://www.boxing news24.com/2014/09/demetrius-andrade-puts-in-petition-for-shot-at-the-wbo-vacant-middleweight-title/

Then when they granted it, he says he turned it down because he wasn't getting that absurd payday Roc Nation was going to give Quillin.

Comment

He would be a contender for clown for clown champion but Quillin, Garcia and Stevenson had exceptional, historic years.

Comment

He expected more money to fight Korobov because Quillin was looking at 1.4 million purse. When it became clear he wasn't getting it, he decided it wasn't worth the risk.

As to Charlo, he possibly felt he would have needed a KO to win when fighting a Haymon fighter on a Showtime card.

Comment

Well if he's afraid to fight Al Haymon fighters there goes matches with both Charlo's, Lara, Smith, Trout, Vanes and Julian Williams.

That leaves Willie Nelson and Joshua Clottey and Anthony Mundine.

Comment

Working...
                      X