No announcement yet.

Maidana-Broner, Thurman-Soto Karass, Santa Cruz-Ceda RbR & Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Broner lost a bit of my faith last fight. I knew Paulie would cause problems and win 3-4 rounds, I thought he won 4, but I didn't expect Broner to look so.....limited in his attack. He seemed like he just kept trying the same exact thing until it worked. I don't know. A better fighter than Paulie will exploit that.

Not to say Paulie is bad, I count that as a decent win for Broner, nothing more or less. Maidana would be a good win for him.
    One thing I noticed right off the bat was Broner's unwillingness to throw while Paulie let off his feather punch combos. Broner would literally shell up, deflect most of the shots thinking he's some defensive wizard, then shake his head. It's like yeah sure, you may have blocked most of the shots but a featherfisted gatekeeper was able to completely limit your offensive output. Broner thinks he's a defensively minded fighter and he's happy just to block shots, but he's no counter puncher.

Comment

I would have to go with Maidana by dec.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        One thing I noticed right off the bat was Broner's unwillingness to throw while Paulie let off his feather punch combos. Broner would literally shell up, deflect most of the shots thinking he's some defensive wizard, then shake his head. It's like yeah sure, you may have blocked most of the shots but a featherfisted gatekeeper was able to completely limit your offensive output. Broner thinks he's a defensively minded fighter and he's happy just to block shots, but he's no counter puncher.
        Broner's work rate concerns me, especially when his D isn't as sound as Mayweather. I couldn't careless if Floyd throws like 400-450 punches in 12 rounds, because I know he'll land over 40% of his power shots and at least close to 200 of them, and I know his opponent won't land s**t.

Broner gets hit more than Floyd though.

I noticed a similar thing to Canelo in the Trout fight. Even when Trout was missing his 2-3 punch combo's, Canelo tends to freeze up when hit with something like that. And like Broner, I don't like Canelo's work rate.

Comment

Most of the posts are saying Broner should win. But the poll has Maidana by TKO/KO. Makes sense. Broner should win. Maidana is durable but doesn't do we'll against boxers. Broner's skills is about as good as Alexander's and he has a bit more pop.

Comment

i think ppl just dont like Broner, so they wishing that maidana would KO him. But Broner skills would be too much for Maidana, so Broner by UD.

Comment

Broner's "skills" are being massively over hyped here. Yeah he has more skills than Chino but not to a degree with he has become a defensive and offensive machine who is unhittable and unbeatable. Chino will test him to the max.

Comment

Maidana isn't top tier but Broner is a lightweight bully. I don't see GBP risking their cash cow. Maidana would punish him all night.

Comment

Putting my dislike for Broner aside, I think he wins a pretty comfortable decision, provided he stays relatively busy.

Comment

Meh...

I think both are solid fighters, but that's all. Maidana is much less polished and just really walks forward and throws, but Broner is nothing special and can be bothered by that if Maidana can land.

Broner should be able to outbox him, the way Boring Alexander did, but I'm not completely sure he's good enough.

Comment

Hate aside I'd fully expect Broner to win comfortably. I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped him either.

Comment

Working...
                      X