No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Not if they both were 40 it doesn't. We can't pretend that Vitali is anywhere near his physical prime now.
    I think he's referring to the nuthuggers in NSB who's assertion (before this fight) was that even a 40 old Vitaly would destroy the best versions of Tyson, Frazier, Louis, Liston etc. Before today, many were saying Vitaly was still prime and in the best shape of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I think he's referring to the nuthuggers in NSB who's assertion (before this fight) was that even a 40 old Vitaly would destroy the best versions of Tyson, Frazier, Louis, Liston etc. Before today, many were saying Vitaly was still prime and in the best shape of his career.
      I've noticed a steady decline in Vitali for about 2 years now. That's why I thought that Adamek might outhustle him last year. Vitali has always been a master at dictating the pace and the distance between him and his opponent. Now that is dissolving as well. Any of those names you listed beat today's Vitali pretty handily. The only question is if it goes the distance.

Comment

• arreola just got rocked by a right hand and then knocked his guy down for a ten count almost immediately.

pretty badass
        he's flawed but he's a lot of fun to watch

ko1

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          arreola just got rocked by a right hand and then knocked his guy down for a ten count almost immediately.

pretty badass

ko1
          Pissed I missed it, post fight comments were golden from what I'm reading in NSB as well.

What a night for boxing! Here's hoping the Williams fight etc stacks up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Pissed I missed it, post fight comments were golden from what I'm reading in NSB as well.

What a night for boxing! Here's hoping the Williams fight etc stacks up.

followed up by a huge upset

evidently jrosales13's fighter (he's 4-5 now,) just beat alfonzo lopez (the guy who kelly pavlik fought last.)

dropped him like a sack of potatoes in the mid-early rounds
            scored a UD

congrats, Jro
            Last edited by New England; 02-18-2012, 10:34 PM.

Comment

arreola just got rocked by a right hand and then knocked his guy down for a ten count almost immediately.

pretty badass

ko1
              You're not going to beat Arreola without a solid chin. His power is legit.

Comment

• what a ****ing robbery

campillo boxed the doors of cloud

boxing always gives us plenty to talk about just when you think you're running out of stuff to discuss

Comment

what a ****ing robbery

campillo boxed the doors of cloud

boxing always gives us plenty to talk about just when you think you're running out of stuff to discuss
                  i am ****ing pissed off beyond ****ign reason with that stupid ****ing decision, what the actual **** is going on here? im getting tired of this **** happening everytime i knew in my damn head this decision was getting ****ed in the ass with no damn lube. i swear i knew it and everybody ****ing knew it as soon as they announced that total ****ing bull**** split decision ****ty patter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    i am ****ing pissed off beyond ****ign reason with that stupid ****ing decision, what the actual **** is going on here? im getting tired of this **** happening everytime i knew in my damn head this decision was getting ****ed in the ass with no damn lube. i swear i knew it and everybody ****ing knew it as soon as they announced that total ****ing bull**** split decision ****ty patter.

sing it loud brother

don king clearly brought those two judges along for this very purpose

i hope the guy who had cloud ahead by 4 had no intention of ever getting another shot at a world title fight

Comment

• what a weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X