Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: HBO Made Their Choice, Pacquiao Contract is Terminated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with this fight, I think this fight will be very exciting, jesse is a good fighter
    so is Crawford but as far as action I rather watch pacquiao vs vargas.

Comment

If this trend continues boxing will only get worse not better. The budget cuts will increase, networks will stop shelling out money for purses, fighters will turn down fights because of said purses & fight lesser opposition to make what they want. Fans will continue to get tired of it and move on. ****ty promoters and greed have done nearly irreversible damage to boxing.

Comment

HBO made a very wise business decision. It's based upon a combination of Vargas and the wildly insulting social/ political commentary Manny spews at a cancerous rate. The network refuses to support ****phobia and the sport of killing drug dealers. Top Rank won't do more than 125,000 buys on this one but it could be a genuine contest.

Comment

Originally posted by ernestot View Post
          What's wrong with this fight, I think this fight will be very exciting, jesse is a good fighter
          Nobody asked for it that's what's wrong. There is zero demand. Yea it might turn out to be a good scrap but if no one tunes in to see it, then it won't matter. There isn't really much out there for Pac these days as his legacy is already cemented all he can do now is collect unnecessary belts or lose to fighters a prime Pac would annihilate.

Comment

First, nobody asked for this fight. Second, its a ppv fight.

This is not a ppv worthy fight.

Comment

Nothing would be wrong with it if it was on regular HBO subscription World Championship Boxing. But it's on PPV. I know Manny probably thinks he's still the old Manny -- but he ain't. Times have changed and he's no longer a singular draw anymore. Either fight a legitimate name or accept the fact that you can't command these 20 million dollar purposes anymore, and then fight on regular HBO. Because the ratings will be utterly atrocious fighting a guy like Vargas on PPV. And that's why HBO has minimal interest.

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
              HBO made a very wise business decision. It's based upon a combination of Vargas and the wildly insulting social/ political commentary Manny spews at a cancerous rate. The network refuses to support ****phobia and the sport of killing drug dealers.
              Bro no disrespect but you're way waaaayyyyy off base if you think HBO really gives a **** about that. It's not about his comments. It's about the fact that his numbers are rapidly dwindling. If Manny was still drawing the same numbers he was back in 2010 then he could say that he supports ISIS and HBO would still air his fights.

You're naive if you think this whole thing goes beyond PPV numbers -- because it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Big fish in a small pond like Bradley
                Whats the point if your the only fish in the pond

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                That's not true

He was a small fish in a big pond when he signed with top rank.

Top rank has made him a big fish
                i wouldnt exactly say a big fish just yet u seen his last numbers yet, but the gamboa win did put him on the map so u can credit top rank for that even though gamboa had no business fighting at that fcuking weight. i still havent watched that fight again smh

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  First, nobody asked for this fight. Second, its a ppv fight.

This is not a ppv worthy fight.
                  don't watch it then.

Comment

Pac can pay for his own promotions, he has plenty of money.

Comment

Funny. They say Pacquiao is not anymore relevant but still many here made some comments concerning the guy. Pacquiao vs Vargas is better than the mayweather wannabe Crawford. Vargas will come to brawl while crawford will come to run and hide.

Comment

Working...
                      X