No announcement yet.

De La Hoya is Not Afraid To Fight Margarito, Says Gomez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VIVA MEXICO!! View Post
    im sorry but oscar is scared to death of margarito and its very obvious. he is telling margarito to go fight williams first but thats stupid because dlh has already said his next fight will be his last. margarito dont have time to be taking a tune up with williams if dlh is going to retire. and anyway this is the fight the fans and media around the world are asking for. and hes talking about giving people rematches then where is the rematch that whitaker and sturm deserved when he robbed them???? oscar de la hoya is a joke!!!!!!
    Williams a tune up? The same Williams who whopped Marg?

Originally posted by VIVA MEXICO!! View Post
    margarito is more known that pacquiao in america.

Comment

I haven't been a DLH fan since he wouldn't give Sweet Pea that rematch. And I was more than happy to see him get beat by Mayweather. However, calling him a coward is just crazy. He's fought everyone. He may not want to end his career with that tough of a fight but he's no coward. I don't know what you guys are thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by rogelio1289 View Post
        If that's his bull**** excuse they why doesnt delahoya fight mosley or sturm? You'd think he'd want to aveng his losses you know? So ****en pathetic I wont pay or watch the dec 6 fight unless its against margarito, cotto, or someone of that calibar.
        Mosley didnt want to fight him a third time. But i do agree with you that he is finding excuses not to fight Marg. He doensnt want to mess up his pretty face...look what lil two pound Forbes did to him imagine what Marg would do.

Comment

CONTACT GOMEZ & GOLDEN BOY...tell them whats up.

Eric@goldenboypromotions.com

i'm e-mailing him and giving him a piece of my mind.

i'm sick and tired of this golden boy bull shet. i want to see oscar's face get tagged the f--- up by margarito.

everything coming out of dlh's mouth is betch talk. picking on manny? because hopkins picked on him? just shut the f--- up and retire, or fight margarito.

e-mail Eric@goldenboypromotions.com and give him a piece of fans' mind.

Comment

DeLaHoya retire!!!Quit making excuses!!!

Ive been a De La Hoya fan all my life.But now after reading this I have lost all my respect for him and golden boy promotions.Before the Margarito-Cotto fight he said he wanted the winner, but he thought Cotto was going to win.Now him and his team are saying Margarito has a score to settle with someone else.What a bunch of *******!De la hoya should go ahead and retire and not fight in December if he wants to go this route..He said he wanted to fight at 147 and go out with a bang but wants to make a 135 pounder,actually 130, to come up.Thats just embarassing.What a joke.And the only reason Roach wants Pacquiao to fight De La Hoya is so Pacqiao can make enough money(10 million) so he can go ahead and retire and avoid all the top fighters at 135 like Marquez,Campbell,Juan Diaz,Antillon,Santa Cruz,etc.Ive also lost all respect for Roach period.If De La hoya doesnt want to fight Margarito and wants to go out with a bang he should fight Trinidad.The weight is not an issue and actually it would be more comfortable fo him.He beat Trinidad the first time(but was robbed) and I know he can beat Trinidad again.He needs to stop making excuses about Margarito and give him his credit.ANTONIO MARGARITO: THE BEST WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION IN THE WORLD AND THE TOUGHEST BADDEST GUY IN BOXING.

Comment

Judging by Oscar's performance against little Stevie Forbes he knows that he has no business being in there with Margarito, and this proves it. He should just retire and preserve some dignity or fight Tony and go out with a bang, although on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                Really? Cause, it sure looks that way Mr Gomez..
                Agreed. I respect Oscars career. But he said he would fight the winner of Cotto-Margarito and now he is backing out. But will fight a guy who is currently 3 divisions lower . Punk move, from a guy who has taken on so many greats. Its all about the money now.

Comment

Originally posted by jyeung528 View Post
                  Eric@goldenboypromotions.com

i'm e-mailing him and giving him a piece of my mind.

i'm sick and tired of this golden boy bull shet. i want to see oscar's face get tagged the f--- up by margarito.

everything coming out of dlh's mouth is betch talk. picking on manny? because hopkins picked on him? just shut the f--- up and retire, or fight margarito.

e-mail Eric@goldenboypromotions.com and give him a piece of fans' mind.
                  I won't do that... cause if you do you already care way too much for that. I understand that folks are unhappy with that but I couldn't care less. Like I said never liked DLH. I'm happy when he's gone. With that been said and his last bout in the making he's just justifies my opinion on him.

I say it again... no boxer is afraid of any other boxer. DLH is also not afraid of Margarito. Marga is a tough guy but why fear that. He's not exactly a menace with unbelievable power like Tyson. I don't think he has to fight Margarito but I think he should fight some1 who is more his size. And to the guys who think that Oscar does something bad in his last fight if fighting not an opponnent who can beat him you're wrong. He did BS before. Nobody who still had something left and retired, fought a match against some1 he could loose and pass the torch onto. The greats were beaten at one point by a new star but not in their last fight. They picked some1 to end their career in a good fashion... and if DLH fights Mora or whatever... it should be fine. Mora has no more right to fight him then Marga but still is his size. And the right to fight some1 has only the one who's ranked number 1 by the organization the belt you hold. So no1 has the right to face DLH and everybody has the right. It's objective...

With that been said... I'm happy after the 6th is gone and DLH is finally gone. I hope PacMan beats him up but he has 1% chance, not more. DLH is too big, too strong, too skilled, to well chin'd...

Comment

Oscar lost my respect.

I'm Oscar Fan...But he loss my repect...He should Fight Margarito he said he doesn't want to fight a mexican...Well If he cosider him self a mexican He should do it...Other wise Mexico Will never be Proud of him self/...See JC Chavez Fight his when he was 22 and Chavez was 36...Margarito Fight Willians yes he loss but willians didn't win margarito loss..and after MArgarito Kick DLH ASS he will KO Willians....So DLH Fight Margarito if you want Mexicans To recpect you...Don't be a *****..

Comment

Heres The Bottom Line, "oscars A *****, Trying To Make A Fight That Would Be Easier With Pac, Avoiding Margarito."

Oscars Taking The Easier Route.

Comment

Working...
                      X