• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    The wwf prime time wrestling :wt:
    Oh yeah, I remember watching that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I wasnt around in the 70s but didnt TNT also show alot of fights as well...

I remember as a kid in the 80s watching ABC WorldWide Sports on the weekends, and they usually had some good fights..

I think moving fights off normal tv to premium channels is one of the biggest reasons Boxing has declined in popularity, at least in the USA
      Agreed, but I do like seeing boxing commercial free and actually hearing the corners in between rounds now. I think it has more to do with too many paper titles and a lack of fighters willing to fight the best, rather than just the most lucrative fights. The knockout artists are mostly the only thing that keeps me coming back, like Kovalev, Cotto, Kirkland, etc. these days.

Comment

I remember watching live on ABC the 15 round draw between Marvin Hagler and Vito Antuofermo from Caesar's Palace and if that wasn't enough, the 15th round stoppage of Wilfredo Benitez by Sugar Ray Leonard all on one card. I also remember from '77 again on ABC Muhammad Ali regaining his heavyweight title from Leon Spinks in a masterful performance plus Mike Rossman stopping Victor Galindez in 13 to win the light heavy title, which seemed so surreal to me because Galindez was one of those guys to me that just couldn't lose, so I was in a bit of shock. Plus they showed the Danny Lopez - Juan Malvarez title fight (explosive) and even showed highlights of the Jorge Lujan-Albert Davila 15 rounder. This was from the New Orleans superdome. Man, those were kickass days to be a fight fan.

Comment

Those networks should come back on a weekly basis.

Comment

Working...
          X