Does skin colour affect cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.whiterskin.info/black-ski...he-difference/

Comment

There must be something because she also affects cuts I believe not just scar tissue.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Name me one black bleeder...

There is definitely a difference between the skins.
        Top of my head i cant think of many black boxer who cut easily, although Roy Jones had a nasty cut above his eye against Joe Cal. Many boxers who faced him ended up with nasty cuts, but that probs has to do with his slapping/slicing style, which is what Khan some times does, the gloves have a slice like effect on the skin.

I can name you a dozen white boxers though in recent history, Hatton, Vitali, most recently Manuel Charr

Maybe it has to do with facial bone structure, rather than skin colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic
          Quote:

Originally Posted by TensionKiller

Was reading about George Grove. He is very white and cuts every fight. What do you guys think?

You're race baiting so I don't ever want to hear you talk **** to me about the mention of colors.
          When Did I call you racist? Race is a big thing in boxing, as well as sticking to your ethnicity. it

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

The link I posted has all the answers.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                Top of my head i cant think of many black boxer who cut easily, although Roy Jones had a nasty cut above his eye against Joe Cal. Many boxers who faced him ended up with nasty cuts, but that probs has to do with his slapping/slicing style, which is what Khan some times does, the gloves have a slice like effect on the skin.

I can name you a dozen white boxers though in recent history, Hatton, Vitali, most recently Manuel Charr

it is both.

having very white skin that makes for a contras of colors when there is blood on it doesn't help, but the fact that white fighters cut more often than black ones cannot be ignored, and it's certainly not racist to discuss it.

how much boxing do these guys really watch if you've got to debate this so heavily?

it's common knowledge that barnburner cuts to ribbons every time he spars. he's the scottish arturo gatti, combining leaky defense and a propensity to cut with his titanic power and recuperative abilities. unlike gatti, though, he always wins.

he's a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post

Sure it was mentioned that that was RJJ's first cut ever in a fight. I may be wrong, but I heard that somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Leuty View Post
                    Sure it was mentioned that that was RJJ's first cut ever in a fight. I may be wrong, but I heard that somewhere.

i believe you are right. i think they said that in the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i believe you are right. i think they said that in the broadcast.
                      If true that's pretty remarkable! But as people mentioned, structure is probably the most important facet when deal with cuts. High, pronounced cheekbones and pronounced eyebrows on a fighter, generally means they will probably be able to cut easy. Look at Ricky Hatton, gets cut basically every fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X